New Idea: Getting More Fans For Your Club!

Lads,

Wouldnt it be excellent if on FM they brought out a way of going to foreign countries eg; China, Norway etc to promote your club. A way where you can get the players to meet foreign fans and sell shirts etc, i think this would be a good way of making money on the game and its realisitc. Clubs like Liverpool, Man United etc are now supported all over the world not just Britain and i think that bringing this into the game will add to the realism. I guess it's not really a mangers role but i think it would be a brilliant addition to the game to go out to different countries and gain more fans, which equals more money!

Matt

Cheers pal, well it's realisitc nowdays, clubs are becoming globally supporter worldwide and i think that bringing this into the game would be a great way of earning money and building up fanbases. Perhaps have a manager meeting the fans event or something. The introductions of graphs etc in the game would be good aswell, which shows the teams with the most amount of support and graphs that show where each team is supported around the world eg; 12 % Asia, 40 % Britain and they could get these results from real life surveys and research!

Uhh .. err .. isn't this already in?

1. Merchandising feeder club from country

2. Tour of country

3. Sign player from that country

Then look at your merchandising revenues.

Locally, there's also Fan Days, which directly impact the number of fans you draw long-term.

Personally, what I'd like to see are friendlies held at neutral venues in foreign countries, such as the Manchester United-Celtic friendly held in Seattle a couple summers ago. ;)

I have found the quickest way to get a marketing club, and therefore a fan base in that certain country, is by playing friendlies. I always check the under 18's fixtures, and if I have at least 14 days between matches, I take the squad on tour of either Japan, China, South Korea or the USA, and play two games. I tend to do this about 4/5 times per season, and then during the close season I play as many friendlies with all squads(1st team, Res, U18's) in these areas again.

I have found the quickest way to get a marketing club, and therefore a fan base in that certain country, is by playing friendlies. I always check the under 18's fixtures, and if I have at least 14 days between matches, I take the squad on tour of either Japan, China, South Korea or the USA, and play two games. I tend to do this about 4/5 times per season, and then during the close season I play as many friendlies with all squads(1st team, Res, U18's) in these areas again.

What sort of impact did this have?

Archived