New Player's Feedback

G'day all!

My name's Andrew and I started playing FMH09 a week ago and thought you all might like to know my impressions after playing the game for the past week. First off I should state that I am not a soccer fan in real life (except for Australia's games) and have had no experience in management games other than fifa09 for PSP. Fifa09 got me hooked on the genre but I could tell that it was lacking in the depth that was required in a management sim, then I saw that FMH09 was about to be released and I thought that I would give it a shot. I took a risk and traded in fifa09 for FMH09 and I have to say that I have not regretted doing so.

After starting the game up for the first time I felt completely lost, all the information and menus were almost overwhelming, and after reading the manual (thrice) I was still a bit confused. After a couple of days I had come to grips with the game and it started to feel pretty natural flicking through all the menus. My only gripe with the game is that the manual doesn't cover all the bases for a first time player e.g. the abbreviations for most of the stats and tables in the game are not explained fully - I'm still not sure what the 'w' after tackles and headers in the "home stats" table stands for (won maybe?).

After playing for a while I can say that this is a great game for the PSP, I'm a week in and I still can't put it down unless my PSP needs recharging. I have no idea who the players or teams are in real life but as a management sim I have to say that SI have hit the nail on the head. I've even started watching some premier league games on the weekend to see if I recognize the players!

I hope you all are enjoying the game as much as I am!

p.s. GO SOCCEROOS!:)

Good luck with Grosseto mate.

I think its natural for games to take a short while to getting used to, regulars round ere have played the game and know the way around it. But it does seem rather big from the newcomer role. As Rob says, the best bet is to look at the good players/young players threads that are dotted around this place.

• SI Staff

Welcome aboard - glad you're enjoying the game, if you haven't already might I suggest you download the hints and tips for the game from sigames.com - as that fills in a few of the blanks in the manual and acts as a 'help guide' generally.

Archived