Does anyone know how i can....

wfc

change the team colours on the editor so that it takes affect on a saved game?

i have started a new game with man city, and i forgot how hard it is on the eye to read the default light blue on white when reading the commentry in a match.

i changed the blue colour to something slightly darker on the editor, loaded up my saved game again and (as expected) the man city colours (white and light blue) have not changed.

any way i can sort this out? any help from SI moderaters would be great too!

thanks

You can't. You'll have to wait for FMM for 09 to appear.

Man City, Dortmund, Barcelona are just a few of the teams it's impossible to manage because the text is almost invisible or the combination gives you a headache.

You can do it in the editor but you have to be quite brutal with the contrast. Adjust the Man City white to black and it's nicely visible :D

Sorry I'm not a moderator, but the answer is the same.

oh i see, so changes that you make in FFM affect a saved game?

when do you think this will appear?

You can also change club colours using the fake.lnc file, I can't remember the exact syntax now but it's pretty easy, you just need the ID of the club (use "Show Unique IDs" or use the editor) and the RGB values of the new colours you want to use. Maybe take a look or ask in the Editors Hideaway.

You can also change club colours using the fake.lnc file, I can't remember the exact syntax now but it's pretty easy, you just need the ID of the club (use "Show Unique IDs" or use the editor) and the RGB values of the new colours you want to use. Maybe take a look or ask in the Editors Hideaway.

Sorry, you said the word 'syntax' and 'easy' in the same sentance! Thats far too technical for me lol!

I've got to keep my karma balanced somehow, so I've decided to be uber-helpful and dig out the code for you. I've not done this on 09 but it worked on 08, 07, 06, 05 so I can't see why 09 should be any different. Here is the code you need:

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 9999 0 191 0 51 7 37 149

Where 9999 is the unique ID of the club, the number immediately after that should be 0 for home, 1 for away or 2 for third kit.

The next three are the RGB values for the background colour, followed by the RGB values for the text colour.

So, if you want to change Man City for example to have a red background with yellow text you would use the following code:

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 679 0 255 0 0 255 255 0

Reading left to right:

679 = the unique ID for Man City

0 = home kit (where the game gets the team colours from)

255 0 0 = the RGB values for bright red

255 255 0 = the RGB values for bright yellow

Hope that's all clear, let me know if you need any more help.

Sorry but im a beginner with all this.

Where do i enter this code?

All i would like to do is change the white writing to black, so what would the code be for this?

And will these changes take affect to my saved game?

Thanks for your help!

Sorry but im a beginner with all this.

Where do i enter this code?

All i would like to do is change the white writing to black, so what would the code be for this?

And will these changes take affect to my saved game?

Thanks for your help!

1. Get this file:

http://www.zen102391.zen.co.uk/fm/mancity.lnc

2. Put it in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\lnc\all

(that's the folder you need if you're using Steam and have the patch, if you're not using Steam or don't have the patch, it will be a different folder but I don't know where, sorry)

And.. yeah that should do it. Restart FM I think for it to take effect, might not even need to do that.

[EDIT 18:42] I've just updated that file, I had the colours the wrong way round so you'd get black background and sky blue text, I have corrected it now. The file should read:

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 679 0 0 0 0 182 214 228

ah.... i didnt download it via steam. i bought the DVD....

any ideas where i need to put the file?

i do really appeciate your help!

it would make such a big difference if i could get this sorted.... i dont think my eyes cn handle much more of the white and light blue lol

ah.... i didnt download it via steam. i bought the DVD....

any ideas where i need to put the file?

i do really appeciate your help!

it would make such a big difference if i could get this sorted.... i dont think my eyes cn handle much more of the white and light blue lol

OK I'm guessing now but it will be something like:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\lnc\all

If you dig around in your C:\Program Files folder, you should be able to find it.

Archived