19 hours to download.....

the microsoft direct x sdk update, as I'm getting the fabled 'cannot run game. failed to set up graphics system.' Its going to take so long as I'm on dial up! Is there some way round it taking so long? This is bloody ludicrous! It just took me a couple of hours to download something to sort one problem, then there's another one! I wonder if Morrison's give out refunds.

Just cancelled the download. There's no point waiting around for 19 hours for something that might not install and if it does there'll probably be another problem after that anyway. I'm taking my copy back to Morrisons tomorrow to see if I can get a refund, if not I'll just have to put it down as one of life's learnt lessons. I read all the feedback on here about how so many people couldn't get anywhere with this game and I still went ahead and bought it. More fool me.

Just cancelled the download. There's no point waiting around for 19 hours for something that might not install and if it does there'll probably be another problem after that anyway. I'm taking my copy back to Morrisons tomorrow to see if I can get a refund' date=' if not I'll just have to put it down as one of life's learnt lessons. I read all the feedback on here about how so many people couldn't get anywhere with this game and I still went ahead and bought it. More fool me.[/quote']

Once you install the DirectX thing, the game will work. But then it might crash at the end of a match or randomly while processing. I've played I think 4 or 5 versions of CM/FM on my PC, never had any issues with any of the games, never any crashes, nothing. I buy FM2009, can't activate it for 3 days, then have to download a 500mb file with a crappy connection to be able to play it, can't use the 3D view, and now the game crashes all the time. Awesome. Oh and even when the game does work, it is slow as hell during matches even with text commentary, which I have to use. I think I'll go back to FM2008. Now that was a fine, fine game.

SDK? I thought that was for developers - surely you should be downloading the Direct X November 2008 Runtime, which is nowhere near as large as the SDK. That's specifically for the home user.

Unless I'm missing something...

Quite a lot of graphics-laden programs require SDK these days rather than just runtime. I'm not certain why myself just know it is so...

Archived