+2billion bug??

i gave myself around 2 billion in the game and the next day i got a message from the board saying they'd invested around 800 million into a savings account or something!

Basically, if the club ever looked financially in trouble, they'd have an 800 million reserve!

Cool.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T.R.F.C:

Where is this "first option" bid because i can not find it?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was removed. Not sure why.

So instead of being able to assist lower level teams without actually buying their players, now we have to purchase rubbish at vastly over-inflated prices and get the supporters moaning at us for such a poor signing.

That's much more sensible than the old first option method :inserteyerollingsmiley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T.R.F.C:

lol, ye maybe not £100million cause i try to keep my transfer fairly realistic but 10 million would not be to bad

however does anyone know if the bug has been fit or not ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.1 billion and you are talking about reality?

well satdium is 130,000 and i win most competitions and have 3 comercial feeder clubs i guess, but saying that i ahve to pay £50 million a year paying off debt + £30 million on dividands but i think it because i get 4 free transfers a year and sell them the following january for £15+ million and i have not bought anyone apart for yongsters for 5 season

The only real "bug" involved was the fact that you could ever reach a 2 billion bank balance in the first place. Data types in programming are always selected based on the range of values that are likely to be needed within them and a club having over £2 billion is just plain ridiculous...mind you, change £ to Norwegian Kroner or some other currency and I guess having 2 billion of them may not be at all excessive if it is implemented based on the actual currency rather than always in £s and then converted for the display.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

lol, ye maybe not £100million cause i try to keep my transfer fairly realistic but 10 million would not be to bad

however does anyone know if the bug has been fit or not ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.1 billion and you are talking about reality? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Offer to loan a non league club's 17 year old youth player for 1 month with an upfront fee of 50 mil plus 1 mil if you want to buy him at the end then. :-p

has the new patch fix the +2billion bug cause at the moment i hace 1.1billion and dont want to go into 2 billion debt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not a BUG... its because of an integer overflow... computer programs work with number (representation in binary) and there is a certain range of numbers that computers can work with....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jehanzeb:

has the new patch fix the +2billion bug cause at the moment i hace 1.1billion and dont want to go into 2 billion debt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not a BUG... its because of an integer overflow... computer programs work with number (representation in binary) and there is a certain range of numbers that computers can work with.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... that translates as a bug...

anyway it's bypassed by the club investing money for the future which can be withdrawn at a time of financial needs to restore the club or something. It's a nifty feature.

i ahve not cheated, i get most of my money from winning the league and champions league as well as selling players i get on free transfers the following january, i only make 1-2 million profit a month but soemtime i make a loss depends on how many home game that month

Archived