SI please read, trying to play the game but can't

I simply cannot play the game. It's a bit too much broken for my likeness.

I choose Man City, progress through the transfer and buy/sell players, do press conferences and just when my first friendly comes in, I just quit FM09 during the first friendly game, mostly at halftime.

Why?

Here:

1- (3d+performance)Why is the game slow on my old AMD Athlon x2 +4600 / 4GB RAM / ATI RADEON X1800XT machine? Do you really think this machine, which was probably the fastest that you can buy at 2006 should be slow at running the game in 2D? I'm not a newbie in computers, actually i regard myself as a person who "really knows things" in computers. so it's not other applications taking resources or something, its just that the game is plain slow and not optimized to run like it should be.

The 3D is horrible, i don't mind that since i do not really see how can the 3d improve the game, anyone serious about FM should look for the best way to know what is going on in the game and that is in my opinion is 2D because the whole pitch is visible, there is an option to change the camera to a wider angle of 3D but it's still really annoying and feels just broken.

2- TV VIEW: I need to know the AI formation in a quick click and I wouldn't rather clicking that little thing that drops down a menu full of options, and even if i do that, the box that appears with the formation of the opposition AI is too big and it blocks my view, so i have to close it, and open it again when i want to check again, why make things so much complicated SI? why not make it that your boxes hide and when you right click they appear and you right click again they hide back? these simple things can make the difference of how i think of the game, the developer, and is decisive for people's overall verdict of the game.

3- Seeing the TV so much of a hit or miss really, one would assume that the old way of doing things has not been screwed well and over as well, but i was mistaken when i though so, the 2D is absolutely horrendous as it keeps the same disgusting color of the pitch of the 3D and very ugly way of presenting things like never knowing if the ball actually hit the net or flew over it etc... it's just plain painful to watch what happened to this beautiful game. It took PES series 6 years to finally change the ugly pitch color, I hope SI do it faster, or at least fix the whole new 2D thing, it's ugly, ugly, ugly.

4- Oh well, the only thing left is 2D Classic which is horrible as well, it's all over the place, so laggy so slow so annoying to watch the game like that it's like a fast showing of pictures than a match engine in action.

5- The interface, Why do i have to click, then wait for the drop down menu, then click again, then wait again for the drop down menu to show up again, just to see my tactics? (i know there are shortcuts but can't we keep the old way?) what is wrong with the old design of everything you need placed at the left, i never really used the quick icons at the top for some reason.

6- Assistant manager feedback: many will claim otherwise, but he always say stuff you would never notice, but rarely make sense or help change the game, because they have zero importance.

I might edit the topic to add more as i remember them, just felt i have to say this.

by the way the game is also not acceptable in my other new high end machine that runs crysis at 24' wide screen full max options with no slowing down what so ever. it depends on what you may call acceptable but if i am to do some effrot i can notice the game not going on 100% smoothly hence someone will reply now "the game runs fine on my x years old laptop" no it does not, watch closely.

Newest patch is installed.

All I want is that someone from SI read my post and try to make things better otherwise I won't buy the next release and im sure im not the only one experiencing these issues / disliking the new additions.

How do you know that the 3D is horrible and all the other 'issues' you mention if you can't even play the first friendly game?

EDIT: Also, I'm afraid your in a small minority with many of your points. Most people think FM09 is the best one for a long time.

How do you know that the 3D is horrible and all the other 'issues' you mention if you can't even play the first friendly game?

EDIT: Also, I'm afraid your in a small minority with many of your points. Most people think FM09 is the best one for a long time.

chopper, sorry fella posts like that don't help and those who have got the game working should really be helping those who are having trouble and not flaming them.

why are you so thick? i said i quit mid game, after the match started, otherwise how would i have known that assistant manager feedback is not ok?

mate it runs very well on my machine. why are you being an arse with a post like that? and my solution for everything today is reinstall your OS

chopper, sorry fella posts like that don't help and those who have got the game working should really be helping those who are having trouble and not flaming them.

How is that flaming anyone? The guy has played one half of one game and come up with a list of issues as long as my arm.

I've been more than helpful over the past few weeks with people having genuine problems, but this thread smacks of someone throwing their toys out the pram.

Come on, he is not exactly saying 'can anyone help as it isn't running on my PC' etc.

He is calling it 'ugly ugly ugly' 'disgusting colour' 'horrible' 'annoying' and my favourite 'do do some effrot'

Tell me again why we should help?

feedthegoat,chopper99 your replies are pathetic, it'd be really for the better of things if you just buzz off this thread, if you like the game that is your opinion, and my opinion is stated above, you don't have to agree with me. grow up.

So only people who agree with you have to post? Oh dear, welcome to the internet lad.

Chopper was trying to understand how you could make such a snap judgement on a whole game and to point out to you that you are in the minority with your opinions.

By the way, putting "SI please read" in your topic, isn't going to make them listen to your views more than any other thread.

There are official feedback forum sections for the different section/features of the game, you can post constructive feedback without been rude and aggressive.

feedthegoat,chopper99 your replies are pathetic, it'd be really for the better of things if you just buzz off this thread, if you like the game that is your opinion, and my opinion is stated above, you don't have to agree with me. grow up.

Grow up?

I don't agree with your opinion and simply ask how you can come up with such a list off issues without even completing a game and you come back with personal insults.

One of us needs to grow up, but it isn't me.

And feedthegoat was fighting your corner and you have a pop at him as well?

Grow up?

I don't agree with your opinion and simply ask how you can come up with such a list off issues without even completing a game and you come back with personal insults.

One of us needs to grow up, but it isn't me.

And feedthegoat was fighting your corner and you have a pop at him as well?

I think he meant me. I want him to tell me off too!

For once you don't have to play it in TV view. By playing it in classic view you got the same view as in 08. With that you can choose if you want 2d or 3d. My game runs pretty good on my computer even though it is a couple of years old.

Berbatov9 has requested SI read his post and see his view on the game, i think we call all accept that this isn't to much to ask. But Berbatov9 seems to have taken badly to comments from us (as fm players) on the game. IF you are going to post your view on the game and then go on the post your view on us, then we are free to do the same about the game and you.

I certainly dont expect it to be perfect, but it should run well on his machine :)

The engine is quite poor considering the number of high-spec machines unable to run it without slowdown. Something is seriously amiss! Suggestions to reinstall OS'? Only in extreme cases would this perhaps be needed. If the guy says he understands 'computers' then I would imagine he takes care of his machine.

The number of people that can run high-end games, far better than my machine would be able to, that come on here complaining surprises me. There is little doubt in my mind that the game is at fault in many areas (performance/bugs/incompatibility). It's a shame.

Something certainly seems to be amiss regarding higher end machines. I couldn't play the demo but took a shot at the main game, I never in a million years expected to be able to play 3D. To my delight I can play with 5 leagues, med data base and 3D and the game is as smooth as 2008 was. My machine is 166ghz, dual core 1GB RAM? Why would mine run so well when they guy in the opening post and many others are struggling. It's very strange.

Archived