Not happy

this thread is meant for si or sega staff

i purchased football manager 2009 on the release date and not only did i have to wait over 10 hours to install when i did finally get to install it windpwed mode doesnt work...3d mode doesnt work even though my system specs are better then the stated requirments

also i tried to activate via the phone and it cost me £19 and it didnt even work i am not impressed at all

If you have technical issues, you can try this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54897

Moaning and whinging and saying you aren't impressed isn't going to get you anywhere, take positive steps to fix the problem and you can be enjoying FM with everyone else.

If you give more specifics around the activation problems and check the stickies on this forum you should be able to get it all working.

i dont need help i have activated it its just it cost me £27 to buy the game and a further £19 to activate it and it didnt say anything about the activation cost when i bought the game

and i have tried everything and i cant get windowed mode or 3d mode even though system specs are better then required

To be honest I think everyone knows this launch has been a complete joke all round.

The only thing I would recommend if your issue isn't in the official bugs thread is to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it. Problem with that could be again the activation as I'm assuming you not got internet connection?

wanted to add to that. My spec has met the min req. absolutely everything works, but finding that the game lags. Drivers are up to date, game patched, think thats it. I did call SI for 4 days now but no one seems to like picking up the phone which I find strange for such a huge company.

If your game is running smoothly, please tell me your spec.

This might give me an idea whether or not to bump a little more onto my spec.

trekman

i have done both of them thanks anyway my main problem is the fact i paid £19 for phone verification

You are told when you phone up that an extra cost will occur. If you choose to go on, then that it your fault, no one elses.

The woman even says, 'to accept this charge, stay on the line'.

For windowed mode, try right clicking on the fm shortccut and choosing properties. The add -small_screen -windowed to the end of the target line. That should do the trick.

Dude, if you want to contact SI Games of SEGA staff directly, then email them directly - don't create a topic on a public forum. All you'll get here is people pointing out what a d*ck you are and saying things like "what the f*ck is the piont of this thread??" etc.

Dude, if you want to contact SI Games of SEGA staff directly, then email them directly - don't create a topic on a public forum. All you'll get here is people pointing out what a d*ck you are and saying things like "what the f*ck is the piont of this thread??" etc.

Yes, and where are these posts on this thread exactly?

All I see is a lot of people trying to help out.

David: You're not going to get an apology for something you're informed about before you do it and as you do it. It's nobody elses fault.

Have you checked the other section of the tech support thread to see if it can help with your issue? Hohw much RAm and what GFX card have you got, are you patched up? Have you updated your drivers etc.

Any people saying that should be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

The OP has every right to make this thread. I don't agree with him, and I'd question why he called from a mobile, when it's a free phone number and he could have activated the game using a phone box (take the code with you and a pen and paper and you can activate there I should imagine), but he's still within his rights to post here.

The OP asked for an apology from SI and Sega, and I should point him here for said apology.

thanks for help Neji but it just says fm.exe has encoutered a problemand needs to close

and i never said that i really want to be reimbursed i wouldnt min it but what im really after is an apology for 1.a waste of ym time and 2.a waste of my money

Have you read through some of the Sticky's at the top of the page? If you have and you still have a problem then I'd suggest you log the problem over in the Technical Forum as tbh you are probably more likely to get more help over there than here on GQ, as the people on the TF who will help no doubt read the forums over there.

Any people saying that should be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Well don't leave us in suspense - what is the "appropriate manner" in which those people should be dealt with? Should we give them badges maybe?

The OP has every right to make this thread. I don't agree with him, and I'd question why he called from a mobile, when it's a free phone number and he could have activated the game using a phone box (take the code with you and a pen and paper and you can activate there I should imagine), but he's still within his rights to post here.

You say that but the thing is I could start a thousand threads in GQ, one for every tiny little bit of brain ***** that dribbled out of my ear, but that would annoy everyone so I don't do it, and it's not really the point of the forum. The forum is for discussion of the game, and to me a thread which says nothing more than "I racked up 19 quid's worth of call charges on my mobile because I'm too stupid to call it from a landline and I'm annoyed at that" does not constitute discussion.

Well don't leave us in suspense - what is the "appropriate manner" in which those people should be dealt with? Should we give them badges maybe?

A roasting. You choose: you can have a roasting in the Sir Alex Ferguson style, or a roasting in the Premier League footballers at Grosvenor House style.

Or alternatively we can just hand out infractions for abuse, which is less exciting I admit.

A roasting. You choose: you can have a roasting in the Sir Alex Ferguson style, or a roasting in the Premier League footballers at Grosvenor House style.

Or alternatively we can just hand out infractions for abuse, which is less exciting I admit.

I choose the Premier League footballers stylee, but in my imagined version of this bizzare but somehow alluring scenario, I'm at one end (you can choose which), Cheryl Cole is at the other, and you're in the middle, squealing like a pig. A little baby pig.

You say that but the thing is I could start a thousand threads in GQ, one for every tiny little bit of brain ***** that dribbled out of my ear, but that would annoy everyone so I don't do it, and it's not really the point of the forum. The forum is for discussion of the game, and to me a thread which says nothing more than "I racked up 19 quid's worth of call charges on my mobile because I'm too stupid to call it from a landline and I'm annoyed at that" does not constitute discussion.

That's one point of view, but we've got plenty of helpful posters here - some in this very thread - and when they see a thread like this, they tend to try to help the OP - for example an OP may post that's he's fed up with the game, he wants his money back because he can't get X, Y & Z to work, and some of our helpful posters try to help him resolve those issues. Which is why these threads can be helpful.

If you don't like a thread for valid reasons, report it. If you have a view on the way the forum is run, you can post in the These Forums thread (30-odd pages long, you'll need to search). Otherwise, maybe just leave it to the mods to run?

:thup:

That's one point of view, but we've got plenty of helpful posters here - some in this very thread - and when they see a thread like this, they tend to try to help the OP - for example an OP may post that's he's fed up with the game, he wants his money back because he can't get X, Y & Z to work, and some of our helpful posters try to help him resolve those issues. Which is why these threads can be helpful.

If you don't like a thread for valid reasons, report it. If you have a view on the way the forum is run, you can post in the These Forums thread (30-odd pages long, you'll need to search). Otherwise, maybe just leave it to the mods to run?

:thup: :thup: You're still up for the roasting though yeah? :thup: :thup:

:thup: You're still up for the roasting though yeah? :thup:

*Panicks*. In other news, I removed the swearing from your post. I appreciate it was in jest (hence no infraction), but remember not to swear please. Nice one.

Aaaaaanyway, is this thread going anywhere? If not, it'll be closed. :(

*Panicks*. In other news, I removed the swearing from your post. I appreciate it was in jest (hence no infraction), but remember not to swear please. Nice one.

Aaaaaanyway, is this thread going anywhere? If not, it'll be closed. :(

Close it, for my sake please, close it :D

ok this has turned into an argument for no reason im sorry for starting it just close thread

cheers

Don't get the wrong end of the stick Dave, I was genuinely trying to help with my first post. They best way to get a message directly to an SI staff member is to email SI direct.

I understand you are annoyed at the cost of the phone call but you really have no one but yourself to blame for that.

As for your technical problems, I really hope you get them sorted out but if I could make one suggestion, I would say that if you are going to start a thread, make sure you outline exactly what your problem is and what you want SI to do about it, otherwise it just looks like another moaning thread, and no-one likes a moaning thread.

Finally, GillsMan and I may be one short for the roasting we're planning at Grosvenor House, as Cheryl isn't answering my bloody texts (as usual), so if you're up for it...?

Archived