Windowed mode not working. Please help!

Ok in preferences the option for windowed is greyed out for me. So i made the changes by right clicking on the FM icon and changing the target command. But even after this the game dosnt run in windowed mode for me. It just stays black and closes saying FM 09 has encountered a problem and needs to close. Can someone please tell me how can i make this work please?

when right clicking the fm.exe icon the TARGET field should look like this ...

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

you need to click APPLY then OK. is that what you have done ?

i've just tried this and it says the name in the target box is invalid. anyone have any ideas how you get a windowed mode?

you have not put it in right, you either have a space where it shouldnt be or you have one to many. You might have put it in the " instead of outside the "

you have not put it in right, you either have a space where it shouldnt be or you have one to many. You might have put it in the " instead of outside the "

I deleted everything in the target then copied and pasted what had been put further up the page. i bought the game i did not download it off steam.

It dosnt start i mean...it remains black and then a box comes up saying FM has encoutnered an erroe and needs to close. This method worked perfectly for 08 but for 09 it just isnt working...any clues as to what i need to do?

so it doens;t tell you anything about the error? no code?

Archived