International Duty

Playing as Man United and just about to play a league match away to Arsenal, I have the following players away on international duty:

Evra

Ferdinand

Brown

Nani

Ronaldo

Fletcher

Berbatov

Rooney

Kusczcak

Tevez

Anderson

Manucho

Vidic

Carrick

Evans

Seems like a bit of a bug to me...

I ended up playing a couple of reserve keepers as DCs and had no subs at all. Only lost 2-0 and bizarrely both DCs got 6 ratings - that's better than Vidic has been averaging this season.

Starting to feel that FM is a little bit random...

This is something which we'll definitely look at improving for next version, apologies if it affects anyones enjoyment of the game.

Despite some small problems like this its still amazing how much the fmh series has improved and how close its gettin to the pc games, you guys have done amazing.

ive had this problem before on last years version. I had 23 players on international duty and 2 injured so i only had a starting 11.

same happened to me last year only bad thing was i had no keeper and 2 of the 11 wre unmatch fit and were still carrying injuries i think i finished the game with 9 men IIRC

This is a bit of a joke because this issue was really well covered on here while we played 08, surely such a major issue is worth fixing? And i'm not believing for a second the game was tested and this never happened?

It seems that, as amazing as the game is, 09 has been rushed out in the end with all the 2d pitch glitches and some basic things from the old version not fixed, it's a little annoying to be honest, I feel like we have been sold an unfinished game with the promise that in 1 years time some things "may be looked into" exactly the same as we were told last time about the same issue.

I have noticed League 2 matches rearranged due to international call ups. This shouldn't happen. Is it a bug as well?

Why shouldn't it? Because it's such a lowly League? League Two matches can get moved due to International call ups and if you really want a suprise, a Blue Square Premier match was moved this year 'cause of International call ups!

Why shouldn't it? Because it's such a lowly League? League Two matches can get moved due to International call ups and if you really want a suprise, a Blue Square Premier match was moved this year 'cause of International call ups!

Well it doesnt happen. League 2 teams will play during the International break experienced by Premier League and Championship. Hpw do I know this? I am a Luton fan, and have seen the evidence. FWIW, there were no international call ups in my squad, and none in the opposition either, so why should it happen?

May I also ask that you do not talk to me like an idiot. I find it quite offensive, and is not a friendly way to address anyone. Thank you

Well it doesnt happen. League 2 teams will play during the International break experienced by Premier League and Championship. Hpw do I know this? I am a Luton fan, and have seen the evidence. FWIW, there were no international call ups in my squad, and none in the opposition either, so why should it happen?

May I also ask that you do not talk to me like an idiot. I find it quite offensive, and is not a friendly way to address anyone. Thank you

It does happen. Not often, but it does.

And what part of what I said was talking to you like an idiot? None of it was even meant to sound like that...

Archived