How long does it take people to finish 1 season on the game?

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take people to finish a season on this?

I took over 18 hours to finish my first season. I was running small database with all the English leagues.

PC Spec

3GHz P4

1.5GB Ram

512MB AGP Radeon X1600

I was thinking of building a new PC anyway but i think i might have to do it sooner just to play FM quicker lol. Unless of course everyone is taking a similar time to complete their seasons.

Cheers,

Gareth

I play it pretty slowly so it will take about 20+ hours of gametime to get through a season. If you have a full cup/EURO campaign it can just about double the amount of time and even more if you manage a nation as well. Then again I am prone to falling in to the trap of restarting the game a lot if matches **** me off (and I usually forget to save before matches so I have to replay a lot of matches).

Depending on how much time I have at the time of the year I can complete a season in 2/3 days or up to a month.

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take people to finish a season on this?

I took over 18 hours to finish my first season. I was running small database with all the English leagues.

PC Spec

3GHz P4

1.5GB Ram

512MB AGP Radeon X1600

I was thinking of building a new PC anyway but i think i might have to do it sooner just to play FM quicker lol. Unless of course everyone is taking a similar time to complete their seasons.

Cheers,

Gareth

Finished a season over the weekend, playing a few hours each night for about 3 nights.

found package (via amazon) on doorstep after work today. installed ( via uniloc :) ), currently downloading wssm patch.

i already demo'd 09 and the game is a bit slower but it wont really affect my time per season much. in 08 it took me approx 18 hrs per season and i expect somewhere around the same for 09 maybe 19-20. most of my gametime occurs during off days checking various news items, scouting reports, whinyaz players etc.

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2188.7 Mhz

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series

How do people complete a season in a few hours? Do you do nothing in the game? Just press continue and watch max speed text commentary? :s

Seriously, I can only imagine you're trying to race through. I dont play all that slowly, but I'm only just in December and I started the Friday night the game was officially launched! Played over 24hrs worth so far.

right someone tell me if my fm 09 shud work on my com its a sony vaio its got a intel cor 2duo processor 2.00 ghz 2gb ram hdd 200 gb graphics nividia geforce 8400m gt gpu if im mistaken it should work shouldn't it ??

would of thought so. As for how long i don't know yet. on 08 it took me a week to complete a season, most of the time at the weekend then 2-3 hours in the evening/during the week. I suspect when i get into the routine again it will take the same.

How do people complete a season in a few hours? Do you do nothing in the game? Just press continue and watch max speed text commentary? :s

Seriously, I can only imagine you're trying to race through. I dont play all that slowly, but I'm only just in December and I started the Friday night the game was officially launched! Played over 24hrs worth so far.

I agree with what you said. for me the first few seasons may take an enormous amount of time to complete a season because there are sooo many upgrades at every position in my squad. i also print to file each of my players & coaches into excel and use that as a starting point as to where that player needs to be (starting, reserves, listed, loan etc) as my team begins to take form usually around the 4 year mark things begin to pickup a bit. also the first year i usually have to use some off the wall tactic to make my team work according to their skill set. seems im always weak at the wings or fullback and i am forced to use the 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2 early on.

I agree with what you said. for me the first few seasons may take an enormous amount of time to complete a season because there are sooo many upgrades at every position in my squad. i also print to file each of my players & coaches into excel and use that as a starting point as to where that player needs to be (starting, reserves, listed, loan etc) as my team begins to take form usually around the 4 year mark things begin to pickup a bit. also the first year i usually have to use some off the wall tactic to make my team work according to their skill set. seems im always weak at the wings or fullback and i am forced to use the 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2 early on.

Ha, yeah - almost the same here. I'm perhaps less organised this time around though because I'm trying to take a Championship team up into the Prem. I reckon I'll jump ship after that to a more established Prem side because I'm getting jealous of all the quality players around that I cannot buy (although that may change with Prem status and more money coming in...)

I normally take control of Newcastle and rebuild them from the ground up which takes ages (the way I play). Get slightly bored by season four though :(

Archived