Finding the game too hard... Stick with it!

Just finished my first season with Aston Villa and have had many ups and downs. Sadly more bad days than good. First off i will tell you how i finished the season

13th in League

6th Round of FA Cup

4th Round of League Cup

Group stage of Euro Cup.

Yes as you can see a very poor season for an Aston Villa side hoping to try and brake through into the top 4. But i feel a bit up beet because with about 8 games to go in the league i was siting in the relegation zone and really struggling with my tactics and nothing seemed to work. Game after game i just couldnt string two passes together. The team just couldnt jell together. Not geting any sort of real chance on goal. Just really started to get fed up with the game.

Then i came onto the forums to the tactics page. Had a read of wwfan Tactical Theorems and Frameworks (best thing ever) and sat down for a couple of hours and re-done my own tactics from scrath. Wow. I enjoyed it so much and now really understand the match engine more than ever. Thats coming from someone that has played the series since Champ manager 2.

So anyone else out there struggling like me, you need to stick with it and to understand how everything works in the game because to me i think si have done there best job yet and deserve a lot of credit for the work they have done. The 3d match engine is fantasic.

1 Read wwfans tactical theorems.

2 Take your time. Understand what each players jobs are and what thet need to do.

3 Build at least 3 different tactics for the situation you are in ie home and away tactic, attacking and defensive tactic.

4 Watch the 3d match engine or the 2d slowly to see where you are going wrong.

5 Dont be so attacking with your teams. Keep your team mentality near the same so there are no gaps. Get your strikers to close down a lot more. That is where i was going wrong.

Just stick with it guys.

P.S Big thank you to wwfan and his group. Fantastic document. Hope you read this.

Thank you. It is posts like this that make all the effort worthwhile.

Many thanks mate. As i said i have played the game for years and thought i knew a fair bit. But once i read your work on tactics, things started to get more clearer and i understand the game more now.

Best match engine yet i think .

Archived