The Official Mac Patch Issues for the Tiger OS

I thought i would set up this post as most mac issues in the "waiting for the mac patch" thread are now about the graphical detail for people who have successfully installed the patch on Leopard with alot of uncalled negative comments relating to people still running the Tiger operating system.

Being a Tiger user and having successfully installed the demo, i like many others purchased the game expecting it to work which it did on initial installation. The problems with the release of the Mac patch are well known and having waited 5 days for this to be released, to then find out the installed patch then causes an error which crashes the game continually is disastrous.

People have pointed out that the minimum requirement as stated on the box is the operating system 10.5.5 (Leopard), however the requirements stated in the manual contradicts this stating 10.4.11 is the minimum requirement (tiger), further complicating the situation.

As a loyal customer to FM, i would request an official comment from SI regarding this issue for Tiger users, and whether ultimately the game will be able to run "post-patch" update which it currently does not. Speaking personally, issues concerning the graphical detail of games is not a huge issue for me, the 3D gaming was never a selling proposition that made me purchase this game but when purchasing the game after installing the demo successfully, i and every other Tiger user expected it to at least be playable with the same updates as both PC and Leopard users.

Please someone from SI clarifiy this situation, there are many customers feeling both alienated and frustrated having a purchased a game that now seemingly does not work.

Thankyou for opening this thread...There is a similiar thread an that one has not been replied to yet however...

My game crashes on the opening movies, i can not even get to the main menu! Before the patch 3D was working fine for me an everything else was too apart from the bugs...an yes im on tiger

I dont believe SI mean for it to only work on leopard, they would be letting down alot of FM fans. They know that!

We need an answer/explanation si. If the demo runs fine, if the boxed game runs fine (albeit with bug issues), then we expect the patched game to run fine, perhaps better...

We need clarification from an official source and we need it soon!!!

I'm pretty sure they mean it to only work on Leopard. The problem is that they decided on that very late in the process, which is why mixed messages have been given.

look I am sick of people who aren't qualified saying what they "believe" to be the case. Let's just deal in hard facts until we get clarification from si

look I am sick of people who aren't qualified saying what they "believe" to be the case. Let's just deal in hard facts until we get clarification from si

Yay I agree, lets keep this positive, i for one am hanging on by a thread...oh dear im sorry.

until we here from the people in the know, lets not have any negativity!

PaulC says in the authentication thread:

It looks like an unequivocal apology to me. Because it is. We feel awful about this, about the Mac patch, about the compatibility issues some people have had. We recognise its not good enough for the name of FM, SI, Sega etc. The only option we have though is to learn from it and make a better job of it next time.

The idea that the DDoS attack story is part of some conspiracy theory is ridiculous though.

Someone from SI needs to address this, its not a case of "oh i cant run a game in high detail 3D" for Tiger users its simply i cant run the game!

Its not good enough, i didnt jump onto the bandwagon of having a go at SI for not releasing the mac patch on time, but my patience is running thin now.

I don't think they give a **** to be honest. If they did they would have offered some kind of response by now. Personally I will never buy or play another product from this company, it's totally unacceptable that the demo and game work fine but the patched version doesn't.

Totally ridiculous.

The lack of response from SI is baffling!!! Looks like they taken a break after releasing the mac patch 5 days late without even fixing the graphics bug!!! i dont even want the 3d anymore i just want to play fm09 in 2d i would be happy with that.

SI's silence is NOT good on this issue....

It is annoying that you can't even call for support. Just got to reply on them 1. reading 2. noting and 3. bothering to issue a response on this forum. I really don't want to jump on the anti SI bandwagon, but they don't make it easy for themselves. It would just be daft to not have someone monitoring this thread. Maybe a better named one would work...?

I'm pretty sure they mean it to only work on Leopard. The problem is that they decided on that very late in the process, which is why mixed messages have been given.
It is annoying that you can't even call for support. Just got to reply on them 1. reading 2. noting and 3. bothering to issue a response on this forum. I really don't want to jump on the anti SI bandwagon, but they don't make it easy for themselves. It would just be daft to not have someone monitoring this thread. Maybe a better named one would work...?

There are so many threads now it would be impossible for them not to know. I wonder if they have seen reviews of the game on retail sites? They are getting slaughtered, I didn't want to be one of those people ranting and raving but I'm being left no option.

any mews yet? curently playing it unpatched and it runs ok to be honest (apart from the injuries)

do the injuries deplete as the season goes on ? i'm sure in another thread somebody said they got to the second season and the injuries were a lot less frequent.

sorry to post slightly off topic, just deciding whether to keep 09 with a bug and make-do with the injury's, for the joys of all the new players, or to just pack it up and post it back to HMV and continue with 08

I was pretty relaxed about the whole Mac patch issue, and I found some of the impatience shown on the other waiting thread quite embarrassing. At least then we knew that they were working on it, even if it was going to take one day, one week or one month.

This time around however we don't even have an official acceptance that there is a problem and that they intend to do something about it. That's all I want. But the way SI seem to have hidden away this time around and won't even admit there's a problem has been cowardly. The fact that we weren't warned about Tiger incompatibility before the patch came out is really, really cowardly. Seriously, did they just put it out and hope no-one would notice?!?! Even an explanation as to why they haven't come on to say if they acknowledge there is a problem would be nice.

I strongly suspect that the reason we've heard nothing may be because they're contact their lawyers just in case they have to deal with the inconsistency between the minimum specs in the manual/demo and on the box.

I am running on Tiger, so of course I'm having the same problems as everybody else.. But actually my biggest concern is that my editor doesn't work.. I can run the game - with it's flaws, but it runs, but I can't get the editor working.. You may find this a bit off topic, but was just wondering if this has been addressed in the patch working on Leopard.. Would be nice with some official response.

I'd love to get an official answer because from there I can make a decision on what I do next. I'm not fussed about 3D, I had understood the game would work with Tiger (without 3D) but would be unsupported (I know what that means too). If someone from SI just said, 'it's not going to work' then I can go do something about it.

well i've been QPR, Arsenal and Leyton Orient, to be honest apart from the arsenal game which had a fair amount (especially fabregas play a game out a month repeat to infinity) it hasnt been that bad.

its still playable and i didnt really want 3d anyways.

getting a mac book pro for music work in jan so can wait till then really

First time poster here, but a long time CM/FM gamer. I find this years release to be extremely pathetic in regards to the way SI have conducted themselves and the way they have duped mac users. I understand that the game was not due to be ''supported'' on Tiger, but the overall instructions regarding the release were not entirely clear. We are told its specifications are Leopard but if the demo worked we would be fine. The game is released and it works for every single Tiger 10.4.11 user only for the patch to be released and now the game fails. Then 24hours after the issue has been raised there is still no confirmation from SI as to where we stand.

I would accept, ''apologies but we are not going to release a patch which is Tiger compatible''. I would accept ''We are working on a possible solution but as of yet we can not speculate a time frame for when this would be available''. What I will not accept is complete silence. After spending 12+ years of my life purchasing this franchise I have come to the decision, no more.

I felt SI were being treated harshly when they delayed the release date for the patch, but I now feel they are treating the customers with very little respect, especially when it's certain they are reading these posts. I appreciate the work that has gone in to rectify certain issues but this is one mistake too far as I'm concerned.

What a shame.. I used to love this game

The lack of response from SI is baffling!!! Looks like they taken a break after releasing the mac patch 5 days late without even fixing the graphics bug!!! i dont even want the 3d anymore i just want to play fm09 in 2d i would be happy with that.

I agree. Obviously people have bought this game for different reasons but i would happily sacrifice the 3D element of the game just to play the damn thing.

Their silence is not a good sign. Ridiculous

I agree. Obviously people have bought this game for different reasons but i would happily sacrifice the 3D element of the game just to play the damn thing.

Their silence is not a good sign. Ridiculous

Spot on. I would be very happy to have the original 9.0 with right clicking, less injuries, a few less freezes and 2d only. Surely not too much to ask.

Ah man, this is just so irritating, it's going back to Game tomorrow if no-one wants to give us some kind of response, anything will do.

Yep, i thought the initial response of taking the game back when the delay over the mac patch occurred was over the top, but there is really no point in keeping it if it doesnt run. Ill give SI the weekend to address the issue and then try and return it.

If they ever do get a patch to allow Tiger users to play, ill re-purchase (probably at a cheaper price!) but until that moment whats the point in having the game.

I really do think its alot to ask for all Mac users to have Leopard..my macbook was purchased about 2 weeks before Leopard was released so is relatively new! People i know say Leopard isnt worth the £85 upgrade really, and as a student spending that to just run Football Manager is too much to ask.

Damn shame!

Yep, i thought the initial response of taking the game back when the delay over the mac patch occurred was over the top, but there is really no point in keeping it if it doesnt run. Ill give SI the weekend to address the issue and then try and return it.

If they ever do get a patch to allow Tiger users to play, ill re-purchase (probably at a cheaper price!) but until that moment whats the point in having the game.

I really do think its alot to ask for all Mac users to have Leopard..my macbook was purchased about 2 weeks before Leopard was released so is relatively new! People i know say Leopard isnt worth the £85 upgrade really, and as a student spending that to just run Football Manager is too much to ask.

Damn shame!

Mate im sure that if you brought it that early there is something where they would give you a free upgrade...

Damn shame!

Mate, I'm in exactly the same situation.

Setting aside for one minute the downright insulting fact that it's now considered acceptable to release a game that doesn't work (I may be getting old, but I remember a time when stuff you bought from the store actually worked), it's just absolutely mind-boggling how they can release a flawed product that works on tiger an then a patch that fixes the flaws but causes it to stop working. I'm obviously not a programmer but that doesn't make any sort of sense to me.

To be honest the shambolic nature of this years release prevents me personally with a golden opportunity to stop playing this game and do something more useful with my life..

I strongly suspect that the reason we've heard nothing may be because they're contact their lawyers just in case they have to deal with the inconsistency between the minimum specs in the manual/demo and on the box.

If they are, then their time would be far better spent trying to give us Tiger users a solution.

The lack of communication from SI is disgraceful...they bang on about using the valued comments of the forum for the development of the game but now, having misled us as to the minimum spec they ignore us. This is a joke...I completely agree with the fact that it worked pre-patch is the most annoying aspect because clearly they COULD get it working. I think they should be utterly ashamed of this year's game, everyone I know is disappointed with it in some way.

The lack of communication from SI is disgraceful...they bang on about using the valued comments of the forum for the development of the game but now, having misled us as to the minimum spec they ignore us. This is a joke...I completely agree with the fact that it worked pre-patch is the most annoying aspect because clearly they COULD get it working. I think they should be utterly ashamed of this year's game, everyone I know is disappointed with it in some way.

You just need to look at the reviews on retail sites, scathing, deservedly so I reckon. Just because I haven't got a top the range machine, I can't play it, and have to spend hours trawling through forums to find help.

Something in me won't let go though...

Archived