FM by Night - Forums By Day (While at work)

I am currently sat at my desk at work, but oblivious to my collegues around me, im flirting with the FM Forums....

And by night I go by the name of Dr Pedro Muscavado, the famous London FC manager. (Currently fighting Blue Square relegation...)

Does anyone else spend all day on the forums not actually working... quick, alt-tab

I'm in my job purely to pay off uni debts and save up a bit of wonga for some travelling, so I don't really care about it. I waste as much time as I can forumising. I get a few hours of FM in in the evenings and at weekends.

I am currently sat at my desk at work, but oblivious to my collegues around me, im flirting with the FM Forums....

And by night I go by the name of Dr Pedro Muscavado, the famous London FC manager. (Currently fighting Blue Square relegation...)

Does anyone else spend all day on the forums not actually working... quick, alt-tab

sounds familar :D. I do get my job done though :D

I do a lot of research work. It requires creativity, it requires thinking "outside the box" and my brain works best on those things when it is relaxed and not actively trying too hard to work. Thus doing something other than work (e.g. browsing FM forums) allows my mind to chunner along in the background and then sudenly I have a flash of inspiration whilst reading about someone moaning about too many goals from corners or whatever else...at which point I return to working and put my flash of inspiration into action ;)

That's the theory anyway...:o

Not plain alt, Alt GR i.e. the alt on the right hand-side of your spacebar.

Providing you have a UK keyboard and layout.

Aye, Alt Gr gives me one of those symbols, but plain Alt will do when combined with Tab which is below that key and does what I actually want :p

Well, I rarely use the Alt Tab route myself anyway - I'm in quite a busy office so I have the forum window only at ~1/4 the size of one of my screens (so that I block it from view for the most part). Behind it is the Matlab editor window (maximised) so I can just click anywhere in that and it obviously comes to the front, obscuring the IE window ;)

Believe me, a resized smaller window is a bigger giveaway that you're trying to sneakily do something.

Well my boss sits a couple of desks behind me so a full-sized window with "Sports Interactive Community Forums" and the SI logo emblazoned across the top in full view of my boss is a bigger give-away than a subtley positioned window that is blocked from my boss's view by me sat in a chair infront of it :p Plus I have two screens, one in full view of my boss, the other, as I say, blocked partially by me, so I can work on one screen that he can see at the same time as browsing forums in a smaller window on the screen he can't see ;)

Well my boss sits a couple of desks behind me so a full-sized window with "Sports Interactive Community Forums" and the SI logo emblazoned across the top in full view of my boss is a bigger give-away than a subtley positioned window that is blocked from my boss's view by me sat in a chair infront of it :p Plus I have two screens, one in full view of my boss, the other, as I say, blocked partially by me, so I can work on one screen that he can see at the same time as browsing forums in a smaller window on the screen he can't see ;)

By my count you have posted 5,327 times on these forums....... what do you actually do for a living, or should i say, 'what don't you do for a living?'

Did visit the fourms lot when i moved to a really quiet Orange store. Then again i spent the 1st week playing FM as the new manager did not start for a week and the went on a 2 week hoilday 2 weeks later. Never thought it would happen but got bored of FM after playing it for 6/7 hours a day.

By my count you have posted 5,327 times on these forums....... what do you actually do for a living, or should i say, 'what don't you do for a living?'

I'm a researcher and software engineer. I did join the fourms almost 5 years ago though, at which time I was still at Uni doing my PhD (and also had internet access at home back then) and it doesn't take all that long to type some posts :p I've made quite a lot of posts in the FMS forum too so quite a few of them are prepared in notepad at home and then just posted in work time with the click of a button ;)

i can come on the forums most times on my work computer but when the boss is over my shoulder or is at his desk (where he can see both my screens), i have the joys of a internet enabled mobile where i pay £7.50 for unlimited use of it :-) so the forums are open on that as well, its a bit slower but can still read everything when i want.

the forums are nearly as addictive as the game, i've spent the last 2months waiting for fm09 on here

i can come on the forums most times on my work computer but when the boss is over my shoulder or is at his desk (where he can see both my screens), i have the joys of a internet enabled mobile where i pay £7.50 for unlimited use of it :-) so the forums are open on that as well, its a bit slower but can still read everything when i want.

the forums are nearly as addictive as the game, i've spent the last 2months waiting for fm09 on here

I must admit, the days, hours and minutes before SI release a patch is quite exciting when on the forums.

I must admit, the days, hours and minutes before SI release a patch is quite exciting when on the forums.

That's exactly the time I generally give this forum a wide berth! I much prefer the more frivalous threads you get a good 6 months after release and before the next release when people tend to post more quirky stuff about their game than endless moaning about bugs or asking when the next patch is out, etc, etc.

That's exactly the time I generally give this forum a wide berth! I much prefer the more frivalous threads you get a good 6 months after release and before the next release when people tend to post more quirky stuff about their game than endless moaning about bugs or asking when the next patch is out, etc, etc.

Ah thanks for reminding us, when is the next patch out?

Archived