Official FMO Off Topic Thread number "i can't find the last one to find out"

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I remind newcomers to the forum , that this is a gaming forum and not an open end gripe forum. Any constant off topic posting will result in many warnings and cards aplenty icon_wink.gif

Keep personal vendettas off the forum.

If you have any major problems, email Marlow or Deano (email in their profile) hehe .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dogs:

If you have any major problems, email Marlow or Deano (email in their profile) hehe . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, no problem, e-mail me, I don't want to be responsible for one of the mods breaking a nail typing. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Also padrico is doing my nut in posting on nearly every thread please can someone make this guy stop thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has been told icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cheese On Toast:

Right i aint going to open a new thread as i know you lot love new threads that are annoying icon_wink.gif Anyhoo I have downloaded a commentary update thing so if i was to go into an online game, would i have to get the original one back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You doing commentary for games in fm would be soooooooooo annoying icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cheese On Toast:

Anyhoo I have downloaded a commentary update thing so if i was to go into an online game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry though you meant you wanted to make your own commentary pack using your voice icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Also padrico is doing my nut in posting on nearly every thread please can someone make this guy stop thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this guy is posting in all game thread as he is the online expert and our clans are starters angryfire.gif

Yeah i have the 2d on but read the commentary sometimes and it has different things in it which makes it more entertaining. Just wondering if i played against a human manager would the game go all weird? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldnt the other human manager need the same commentary update for it to work properly

Yeah i have the 2d on but read the commentary sometimes and it has different things in it which makes it more entertaining. Just wondering if i played against a human manager would the game go all weird? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldnt the other human manager need the same commentary update for it to work properly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what ive been asking since my first post. Will other people need this commentary file?

Indeed, would screw you up totally over network games...happed to me with CM 03/04 quite a bit. It's an arse when there are 3 different scores going on on screen, Main Match Page thing, Player Ratings and on the commentary thing along the bottom....all different!

Get the old file via somebody else orrr ...load and re-load again, copying the commentary file.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Simmy.:

The Gaffers - A FMO Clan - Website and Badge/Logo for sale.

No current members, selling due to loss of interest. Already spent £40 on it (£30 badge £10 domain name). www.thegaffers.net

Offers please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlucky, I did try telling you its not all plain sailing but you seemed confident/arrogant? that you'd succeed, maybe this will show you its not easy!

Dont take it too hard thought most of the big clans failed before getting it right this time round, good luck in future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Simmy.:

No current members, selling due to loss of interest. Already spent £40 on it (£30 badge £10 domain name). www.thegaffers.net

Unlucky, I did try telling you its not all plain sailing but you seemed confident/arrogant? that you'd succeed, maybe this will show you its not easy!

Dont take it too hard thought most of the big clans failed before getting it right this time round, good luck in future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EFB has been a success since day 1 you know. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif

A think what a lot of newbies don't understand that to have a successfull or long running game takes good members, some moan that they don't get a shot with the clans and its too hard to join, but when you have a good game running bringing in one bad player can kill the game dead.

A lot of clans will give tried and tested player a place before giving newbies a shot, I've opened the doors to a few over the last 2 years for them to simply play for 2 -3 weeks then never to re-appear again.

After all they're claims that they are desperate for a game, they suddenly decide that dream team was too good time miss this week.

But always sorry to see the death or failure of a clan. It takes a lot to set up and host a game more than other may think.

hi john icon_smile.gif im gonna stick up for the newbies and say maybe they leave after two or 3 weeks becausethey dont feel welcome at all in the clan they are in i mean if u have aclan that u started say a year ago and your all best buddys and a new guy joins hefeels like a outsider because ur all chatting away and hes like woh what do i say i dont feel welcome so he leaves . icon_smile.gif

Are there any clans that play without the data update? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah in EFB we just use the new patch and continued our game. Seems to have the desired effect in terms of increased speed etc. icon14.gif

Newbies are always made welcome, but we can only go so far, it's up to them to make the effort as well.

I've played with guys for over a year who hardly said any words at all over that time apart from hello, good game, goodbye but were one of the most consistant players I've meet.

New clans are different everyone is new, but if you want into a long term established games you gotta realise that they guys will know each have done for a while sometimes years and have even meet up for beers and football as we have done and do.

My first ever visit to a clan chat room saw one of the player boot me from the room, nice, but went back in got to know then and played many games with them over the years.

Sadly but you all want in on the big games but you gotta take some of what comes with it. I've made many mates through this community from all across the uk and further, its not hard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chris101:

hi john icon_smile.gif im gonna stick up for the newbies and say maybe they leave after two or 3 weeks becausethey dont feel welcome at all in the clan they are in i mean if u have aclan that u started say a year ago and your all best buddys and a new guy joins hefeels like a outsider because ur all chatting away and hes like woh what do i say i dont feel welcome so he leaves . icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree this sometimes happens but like john paul says most members in fully established clans have worked as a secure unit (if thats what you want to call it) for so long and therefore will obviously know each other much better. But in any established clan it shouldnt really be too hard to get to know all the members well and become part of that scure unit.

Another thing that john paul mentioned was that most esblished clans you find would rather take on experienced cm/fm members rather than newcomers to the online aspect of cm/fm i agree with this also as i myself have let a few more experienced members get a space available in my clan before even thinking about some of the newcomers. Although i have gave newcomers a chance also icon_smile.gif

thats harsh to hear mate as you worked hard on that icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate, I've just generally lost interest in the whole idea or I would have developec it further.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Dont take it too hard thought most of the big clans failed before getting it right this time round, good luck in future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew it would take time and patience to initiate the clan, but as I say I've just lost interest so, after putting numerous applications in the Clan Application Thread (with only one reply), I decided I only wanted dedicated members and there was obviously not enough of these. This is probably a major factor which contributed to my decision. Thanks for all your help though, Matt icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

A think what a lot of newbies don't understand that to have a successfull or long running game takes good members, some moan that they don't get a shot with the clans and its too hard to join, but when you have a good game running bringing in one bad player can kill the game dead.

A lot of clans will give tried and tested player a place before giving newbies a shot, I've opened the doors to a few over the last 2 years for them to simply play for 2 -3 weeks then never to re-appear again.

After all they're claims that they are desperate for a game, they suddenly decide that dream team was too good time miss this week.

But always sorry to see the death or failure of a clan. It takes a lot to set up and host a game more than other may think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do realise that members are probably the most important part of any clan, which is why I only advertised in the official Clan Application Thread, hoping to produce a group of dedicated gamers. I was looking for a server to host the clan game on (with payment divided by each member to prove commitment and responsibility), but I didn't get enough responses and I began to realise that I have more important things to worry about (such as GCSEs), so I think I've reached a sensible conclusion in the end. I think I had plenty of patience but it didn't turn out to be my thing at the end of the day.

thats harsh to hear mate as you worked hard on that icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate, I've just generally lost interest in the whole idea or I would have developec it further.

I knew it would take time and patience to initiate the clan, but as I say I've just lost interest so, after putting numerous applications in the Clan Application Thread (with only one reply), I decided I only wanted dedicated members and there was obviously not enough of these. This is probably a major factor which contributed to my decision. Thanks for all your help though, Matt icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

But always sorry to see the death or failure of a clan. It takes a lot to set up and host a game more than other may think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do realise that members are probably the most important part of any clan, which is why I only advertised in the official Clan Application Thread, hoping to produce a group of dedicated gamers. I was looking for a server to host the clan game on (with payment divided by each member to prove commitment and responsibility), but I didn't get enough responses and I began to realise that I have more important things to worry about (such as GCSEs), so I think I've reached a sensible conclusion in the end. I think I had plenty of patience but it didn't turn out to be my thing at the end of the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not aware of when you started but don't forget the game was so bad online previously that this place was dead. With the new patch and lag improvements perhaps there will be more players on the go in the near future.

As for newcomers, imo the clans can only take in so many. At some stage some of these newcomers are going to have to take on the responsibiltiy of actually hosting and organising games themselves. Everyone nearly in the available players listing doesn't want to host - there's the problem.

I contacted all the FMO Forum Moderators/Helpers, and all leaders of the then 'established clans', so I considered myself not as a newbie, but to have enough detailed insight into the general concepts of Football Manager Online. This inspired me to take on the challenge - everyone has to start somewhere, and with experienced people around you it can only help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

I'm not aware of when you started but don't forget the game was so bad online previously that this place was dead. With the new patch and lag improvements perhaps there will be more players on the go in the near future.

As for newcomers, imo the clans can only take in so many. At some stage some of these newcomers are going to have to take on the responsibiltiy of actually hosting and organising games themselves. Everyone nearly in the available players listing doesn't want to host - there's the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd agree with this i think there will be loads more players putting their details in the available player listingfs thread now as the online lag has improved since the 5.0.2 patch.

I have already seen around 6 people post their details in the thread and that was just yesterday.

Also Getting good reliable members is probably one of the biggest challenges when starting up a new clan but with loads of commitment it can be done icon_smile.gif

A decent committed host is one of the hardest things to get, we're lucky that there is about 3 of us who will if needed host, the spanish game is like a yo yo the now, but its always up and plays well.

Newbies, I must admit have it rough, but thats the way it is. Established clans don't want to upset the apple cart.

Over the years I've had little success, guys come and go at there own will, or you get guys like stabwest who has been instrumental in taking the spanish game forward and into a full blown clan game from a fun game.

Its gamble that sometimes works very well, but other time can just be a waste of everyones time.

So anyway is anyone actually bothering with patch 5.05 ?

In EPL Challenge we've had two players join for a couple of weeks then just not turn up.

Were a good bunch of lads who enjoy a bit of banter who have taken in a number of new players, a few of which stay and really get into things to which brings them closer with everybody else, but there are others that just dont seem to put any effort into it and dont even let us know what's going on.

Disgraceful really i think!

It's for exactly them reasons why established clans don't want to take newbies one, a lot of them just want a quick game of FM instead of a long blown clan game.

Its a shame that some of them won't admit that when you ask them as just a few weeks later they are never seen again and it really makes it a waste of their time and especially my time and the other players in the clan.

Finding a good host isn't easy either but the big guns have always had steady heads hosting and thats the key for some of their success. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

In EPL Challenge we've had two players join for a couple of weeks then just not turn up.

Were a good bunch of lads who enjoy a bit of banter who have taken in a number of new players, a few of which stay and really get into things to which brings them closer with everybody else, but there are others that just dont seem to put any effort into it and dont even let us know what's going on.

Disgraceful really i think! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who are they Sam? Are you ****ed again. icon_wink.gif

Padrico,

if you don't want folks on here having a laugh at you then, then stop posting in every thread in a vain attempt to get your post count up.

Do me a favour, stay out my clan thread, stay off my msn and give us all a break.

Your little dream of becoming a mod to stop people like me, I hope it comes true for you a really do, because I know you'll sit years from now in tears if it doesn't happen icon_biggrin.gif

Now beat it and get your home work done

Archived