i've searched this forum still no solution

i've tryed all the things suggested and i still can't download the patch. i've tryed different websites but windows can't verify the patch so stops the install. i never had any probs on my pc with xp, but now have a laptop with vista and a wireless router and now having problems, plus i can't play online. it really is doing my head in, if any suggestions please as simple as pos as i'm not the best with computers.

is this your problem

You receive an error when trying to install the Patch - digital signature issue (Vista)

Fix:

1. Create a shortcut on the desktop to cmd.exe (if you don’t know how to see guide below)

2. Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator

3. When the command window opens, type or paste the following and press ENTER:

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

4. Reboot and then try installing the driver.

Quick Guide to Creating a shortcut:

1. Right click on an empty space on the desktop to open the context menu

2. Select New

3. Select Shortcut with a left-click

4. In the location box type cmd /k Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON 5. Select Next

6. Name your shortcut and push Finish

another thread is on here with a similar issue. I had the same problems and got around it as follows:

when you download the patch click SAVE and NOT run. Save the patch in a folder of your choice, the patch will then download and save it to your PC. Exit the site you used to download the patch and go to the patch file saved on your PC. Click on this file and run it and it should update the game for you. Hope this works for you.

the problem is normally to do with vista 64 bit as on 64 bit ALL downlaods must be digitally signed as it is a built in security feature. as I say the above worked for me so maybe try that.

Archived