Installation on second computer - 'This unlock key is already active'

Hi,

Sorry to clog the forum with another problem thread, it may of already been answered, but in fairness there are quite a lot of posts to go through to find it!

I am trying to install FM 09 on my Laptop, so I can play at work (terrible of me I know, :p).

Whenever I install it, weather using the Steam Method or 'Register via internet' whenever I try and authenticate my copy, first of all it tells me that 'I cannot connect to the internet' and once I try any of the work arounds - tried the activate.vbs script, the fixv3 file, deleting the certificates from the program data folder and reinstalling - it tells me that 'This unlock key is already active'

Now this is the second computer I am trying to install this on, I never even got the activation screen when I installed it on my main PC on Friday - and I havent been able to try that computer since, it has crashed. So I dont know if it even registered once at all!

Anyone know how to solve this problem? Like I said, I have tried all the suggested methods of deleting certificates etc, still no joy! Work is a bit tedious and boring at the minute, so I need something to get me through ;)

I'm having exactly the same problem and I've tried millions of different ways that loads of people have said but nothing works it just keeps saying it's already active.

I've tried deleting it and re-installing after restarting my laptop like it says and installing all those fixing things it tells you but nothing

Does anybody know of a way round this problem?

Archived