Mac or PC??

I`m looking to buy a new computer over christmas, I have only ever had a PC before.

What would everyone recommend, a Mac or a PC?

Does FM2009 run better on a PC or Mac, does it make any difference?

I only really use it for FM and Internet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mac's are obviously far superior but costlier, you get what you pay for. If you only use it for FM and the net, you may as well just save the pennies and get a PC, although owning a Mac is a fantastic experience.

What is the benefit of a Mac over a PC? Do you still get all the freezing and program errors?

It will never crash, you will never get a virus. You will witness the pinnacle of stability and user friendliness. If anything, you can actually do more on a Mac than PC (except gaming, although it'll get there), especially out of the box.

OK seems like PC seems to be the choice at the moment, next question, is it worth buying an off the shelf PC for around £400 or trying to upgrade an old Desktop PC? And by old I mean years and years.

Considering how little they cost nowadays, may as well just buy a new one, but I'd recommend somebody like eBuyer over PC World etc.

Don't lie to the guy.

Have you ever had a Mac crash? Having used Macs for the past 2 - 3 years, I have never had OS X crash and neither have any of my Mac using friends/colleagues/clients as far as I'm aware. The odd program may have crashed in the past, but OS X hasn't.

I just recovered 2 year old PC witch got better specs than my 1 year old MacBook and the game was alot faster in my mac...

But now i cant play it in mac, cause i dont have leopard. So it has to do for me to play it in PC until i buy me a new mac sometime next year.

I just recovered 2 year old PC witch got better specs than my 1 year old MacBook and the game was alot faster in my mac...

But now i cant play it in mac, cause i dont have leopard. So it has to do for me to play it in PC until i buy me a new mac sometime next year.

Leopard can be bought new for just £85, well worth the money ;)

When you buy a new mac, you buy both - a mac AND a pc. You can setup windows on the mac without problems and it runs like a pc and on the next startup it runs like a mac.

So if you want the best from both worlds, you have to buy a Intel Mac.

I`m looking to buy a new computer over christmas, I have only ever had a PC before.

What would everyone recommend, a Mac or a PC?

Does FM2009 run better on a PC or Mac, does it make any difference?

I only really use it for FM and Internet.

Anyone have any ideas?

iMac is £799 for a 20inch screen and the whole computer is built into the back of the screen.

no viruses, no freezing up, very user friendly, more powerful for photo's, video and music.

and FM runs like a dream on mine !

plus the added bonus, if you need windows, you can use it on the mac :D

I do like the design of the iMac and the people who have them, seem to have nothing but praise for them. The only thing that puts me off it the price of the system compared to a PC with similar specs. Are you only paying extra for the design?

I do like the design of the iMac and the people who have them, seem to have nothing but praise for them. The only thing that puts me off it the price of the system compared to a PC with similar specs. Are you only paying extra for the design?

It's not only design, but it's true Macs are more expensive. But since they use Intel processors there is a big advantage for the prize: You can setup a mac with both OS, windows and OSX and it acts like two computers - if you want it.

It really depends what do you want to do with your computer. When you want to play games and that's 90% of your usage - a PC might be the better option, as the most games are not available for macs.

But as stated above, you just need to buy windows vista and the mac will also be a pc.

I have been looking at this PC, seems to have good enough specs for the game, Should I be looking for anything else on the specs?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152258

I know everyone is probably fed up with the threads asking the same question, I think there is alot of people out there who have found out their systems are no longer good enough to run FM2009.

I have been looking at this PC, seems to have good enough specs for the game, Should I be looking for anything else on the specs?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152258

I know everyone is probably fed up with the threads asking the same question, I think there is alot of people out there who have found out their systems are no longer good enough to run FM2009.

Macs are so much better. in my opinion windows really is horrible! i have eventually got after 4 days fm running on my pc (nightmare getting activated). i only have a desktop pc because i need a graphic sweet to render my 3d studio max stuff as bootcamp does not let you run it properly on mac. also the pc is faster as its only a 2/3 year old macbook i own hence why i installed on that to run more leagues.

if you bout the new mac pro tower you wont be disappointed although it comes in at almost £2000 which obviously is not worth it if you are just using it for fm and net. either way your talking £800 for the cheapest imac. its really up to you if you are willing to spend more money for the better product?

Archived