Group of Death

What is the toughest group draw you have had?

I'm in the 2011/2012 season of my Man United game, I'm 3 time Champions League winner and got a first seed. The second seed in my group is Ajax. The third seed in my group is Juventus and the fourth seed is Rangers.

The interesting thing is, Juventus is a three seed, but I don't understand how. They have won the Serie A the last two seasons and they made it to the first knockout round in the last Champions League. So what gives????

14bt1f5.jpg

Man United being a fourth seed is harder to understand than Juve being a third seed. Imo.

"I'm in the 2011/2012 season of my Man United game, I'm 3 time Champions League winner and got a first seed. The second seed in my group is Ajax. The third seed in my group is Juventus and the fourth seed is Rangers."

And that is a pretty challenging group there.

Good luck!

I'm a Rangers fan and well they are pretty poor in the game , not that they are amazing irl. I am currently Gers in my game, and I got into the CL I have Arsenal, Bayern and Galatasary now thats a bloody tough group!!! SPL wise my God I am doing bad... I have played this game for years and this is one of the worst starts ever, 4 games 2 points. Confidence isn't exactly high!

When you said group of death i was thinking of the following sorts of teams.

Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool

Madrid/Barcelona

Ac Milan/Inter Milan

Bayern Munich/or a selection of decent French teams

Ajax and Juve never entered my head, and Rangers?!? Please do me a favour you are Man Utd!! lol

not same standards but i'm Udinese and in first season Euro cup group stage i drew Tottenham, Besiktas, Hertha Berlin and Racing club... now i call that a group of death!!! btw i'm 3rd seed and i got some of the worst seed 1 and 2 and the toughest ones there were in seed 4 and 5!!!!

started with a 1-0 90th minute away win with racing, so looking quite ok for now ;)

I'm a Rangers fan and well they are pretty poor in the game , not that they are amazing irl. I am currently Gers in my game, and I got into the CL I have Arsenal, Bayern and Galatasary now thats a bloody tough group!!! SPL wise my God I am doing bad... I have played this game for years and this is one of the worst starts ever, 4 games 2 points. Confidence isn't exactly high!

you must be crap mate :D i won the SPL with 8 scottish players 2 northern ireland players and a portugese player :D.

Group of Deaths definitely come from International qualifying groups. Unless it's been fixed, the seedings of the international teams don't change. So you could end up with a 6 team group where 5 can win, one was a World Cup/Euro finalist a month ago, the other a quarter finalist etc. and the 6th team being the obligatory whipping boys.

Were they like your Liverpool-Chelsea/Man Utd-Juventus? Over the years i've built up a few overseas rivalries with teams from the CL, I got Roma in the QF's three years in a row and ended up having a lengthy slanging match with Spaletti.

Uh, I always get Lyonnais. I was getting so sick of playing them.

08/09: same group

09/10: same group

10/11: same group, and then met in the quarterfinal

I was tempted to buy Fred just so I never had to play against him again. :D

Archived