Help configuring my Strikers!

I have a strong and good jumping targetman(Rob Hulse) and a pacy striker(Daniel Sturridge).

How should I configure them?

In TT&F, I read that Targetman should have a lower mentality than the pacy striker. So the targetman can will aerial balls and the pacy striker should have a higher mentality to break the offside trap.

However, going into the game, I notice that this config cause more aerial balls to my pacy striker. They end up with having the same amount of headers contested. This is with the Targetman option ticked and supply To head.

IRL, Emile Heskey/Berbatov play high up the pitch while Rooney plays deeper. This made me think whether the targetman should have the higher mentality instead.

I tried to configure this but however, this took away my pacy striker ability to get near the goal.

Totally clueless on what to do to achieve the best out of the 2.

i have the big guy as up front alone, no forward runs and 4-6 mentality less than my fast guy, which is set to runs often in amc freerole position. my big man hardly ever scores, but he opens space for the amc to be my top scorer. I cant seem to get my lone striker to perform but im not complaining as my amc is top scorer.

Try playing your pacey striker as a poacher i.e reduce everytihng like shooting to never, have him run with the ball often and increase his mentality above everyones. The bbig striker play his mentality closer to your most advanced midfielders. See if that works, I've managed to get it too work for the pacey striker but it can be hit and miss with the more defensive minded striker.

Archived