PDA

View Full Version : Assistant Managers. A waste of time.....again?

Sussex Hammer
20-11-2008, 02:50
Started a game as West Ham and was quite looking forward to having Steve Clarke as my Assistant. That was until I saw his stats which considering his real life history and experience were shocking.

Even more shocking was noticing that the age old problem of seeing him pick a team with players in all the wrong positions was a tad annoying.

The after the game his feedback.

Stats.

Lucas Neill has had a poor game, riddled with mistakes.

Overall.

Lucas Neill has been making some crucial interceptions for us.

Now if that isn't a tad confusing I don't know what is!!! Assistant's have always been a waste of time in FM but I thought this time SI might get it right.

Any more bizarre pearls of wisdom from your right hand man? and does anyone actually bother with them?

masteratt
20-11-2008, 06:10
Not anymore he keeps saying to play long passes and when I do he keeps saying to play short passes!!!

Absolute plonker!

Avelives
20-11-2008, 06:43
Do a Fergie and kick a football boot at his head :)

Harfang
20-11-2008, 07:01
Not anymore he keeps saying to play long passes and when I do he keeps saying to play short passes!!!

Absolute plonker!

Try playing a mixed style and you'll see him say both!

Skoolblowsme
20-11-2008, 07:19
They're never satisfied, kinda like women lol

jbrowes
20-11-2008, 07:45
Started a game as West Ham and was quite looking forward to having Steve Clarke as my Assistant. That was until I saw his stats which considering his real life history and experience were shocking.

Even more shocking was noticing that the age old problem of seeing him pick a team with players in all the wrong positions was a tad annoying.

I have had this problem - so I used the pre-game editor to adjust my Assman stats accordingly. This might be considered cheating but I look upon it as being realistic!

Ryknow
20-11-2008, 08:10
My Assman annoys me, his judgement is terrible.
About a first team starter "You should look to offload XXXX in the near future"

umm....what

craigy18181
20-11-2008, 08:17
i ignore him, i dont even look at that page. He is my assistant for a reason, I tell him what to do. I can perfectly judge a game myself :D