Is this a bug? European Selection

I am Man City, and am in Feb 09 in my game, it has come time to confirm my european selection for the next phase (where ive drawn AC milan, easy peasy) basically i only registered a minimal number of players last time as a lot of them were young enough to play regardless and thought i may buy some players in january. It allowed me to confirm and i thought took into account the 4 trained by club/8 trained in country rule.

Now come Feb, it is not letting me confirm my squad telling me i need 4/8 when with the additions and changes i can make it is technically impossible for me to meet the quote, therefore I can not continue the game. The way i got around this was by going on holiday for a day and it carried on but now i dont know who the hell is in my squad for the Euro Cup as a result.

Anyone experienced anything similar? what u think?

If you don't have the players to meet the 4/8 requirement, you have to leave some of your 25 spots open (according to how many players short of meeting the requirement you are). Then you should be able to continue :)

for instance: if you hav 2/5, you'll have to leave 3 open.

I must not be explaining myself clearly, so apologies. I can click auto-select but the quota it recommends is still unacceptable, meaning it is physically impossible to move on using the continue button without choosing to go on holiday and letting your assistant manager pick the team.

I have plenty of players that meet the quota of HG and such but most werent selected in my initial squad as i read the message stating they were not needed to be registered due to their age. As a result, I left gas open for potential future signings but due to the limitations in the changes I could make at this stage it was physically impossible to satisfy the criteria, with the goalposts clearly being moved from the original squad selection.

Archived