Im Desperate - Can someone help me buy a laptop?

Right im getting desperate, my current PC is so old and going wrong i want a new one (For Christmas) is anyone aware of any retailer selling one up to £400 that you can p[oint me in the direction to, im no good with cimputers if someone can say buy this one and FM will fly taht will do me? Any one?

Right im getting desperate, my current PC is so old and going wrong i want a new one (For Christmas) is anyone aware of any retailer selling one up to £400 that you can p[oint me in the direction to, im no good with cimputers if someone can say buy this one and FM will fly taht will do me? Any one?

Im no good at spelling by the looks of the above either.....

I got a decent one from PC world for £450 9 months ago. Check the min specs in the sticky, but mine now runs it fine (after some tinkering thanks to said stickies). Mine is:

Dual 2 Core 1.5GHz processor

2GB ram

120GB hd

SiS mirage graphics card (but it took a week to get the demo going - full game works fine now).

Obviously the more Ram and the better the graphics card the more likely you are to have a working game and a great PC for anything else you might use it for.

If I were you and not so good at computers I would look around in stores, where there is staff to ask. They should be able to help you pick out a few models if you tell them what you need it for. When you got a few models to pick from you can always look around online for the same computer and see if you can get a better deal somewhere. As there is sometimes a very good chance of getting a better deal online also consider models that might be slightly over your budget in a store. Make sure the company you buy from is trustworthy though, doing a search on the net usually can tell of problems or positives that people have had with different companies.

Archived