Late goals

• SI Staff

There's nothing in the code to bias towards or against late goals - however it is possible that a specific team or playing style can cause late goals to be conceeded.

For instance if you have a young (or low stamina) team and play a tactic which is energetic (closing down a lot etc.) then they might run out of puff around the 70-80 minute mark leaving you wide open for sucker punches late on etc.

Similarly if your defense aren't the quickest keep an eye on the opposition bench in case they've a fast striker waiting to come on and run rings around them when they're knackered.

Yeah. Same here Jambo Dave. Whenever i'm 2-0 up i'm sure the game would be over by 80+ minutes.

However ridley, I guess I'm always on the happier side whenever late goals happen.

My At. Madrid side was taking the lead at home with Espanyol and around the 90th minute, Tamudo scored the equaliser and I was silenced. Then guess what... in the 93rd minute, Maxi Rodriguez won the match for me with a 25-yard drive into the goal!

Can't complain too much though, since if I played 08 that much it'd prob die 10 times over the same period of time. Worst thing is, I borrowed my mate's car this morning to go to work and was so addicted to FMH that I literally played right up til turning the key in the ignition...then he took the car away for the weekend with my PSP still inside :( I'll have to get FM09 tomorrow to see me through the weekend lol

Archived