How much have Man City spent and how badly are they doing in your game?

I'm just coming up to the end of the second season. Man City have spent a total of £173 million (£120 of it in the first season) thus far, and look set to finish 8th. Not a great return. Have they found success in anyone's game, even if it's taken a few years? And how long has Mark Hughes lasted? He is still in charge in mine.

The've spent £82.25 million on my game. As mentioned by poggo they have bought some rubbish. I sold them Song for £9 Million. The fools. They are currently in 11th going into January. I expect them to pick up though. No doubt they will spend big again and having looked at their fixtures they have a slightly easier 2nd half of the season, playing Arsenal (Me), United, Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Blackburn, Spurs and Pompy (who are european candidates) all at home.

Im Man Utd but who ever i bid for they offer way way over, ive lost Moutiniho and Palombo to them, they are buying anhone and everything...

I found that to be the case in the demo, but not the full game. They were interested in a Moutinho and either Sakho or Camacho, my memory is awful, but I had deals tied up before Hughes could scupper them.

Flogging them Jenas for 10m might well have made it a tad easier to sign Moutinho :)

In 08/09 season they spent 116m, and finished in 6th spot, 09/10 they spent 112m and finished in 7th spot, this current season they have currently spent 44m in the summer, with the Jan window to come - should be interesting to watch - they sit 6th spot for the moment. And ofc, sparky is still leading the way ;)

Doesn't count if you are managing them. I am sure it is really easy. I am interested in how they get on under computer control.

Not so easy as youd think, im just starting up a season as them and although you have a wopping huge budget you are limited to what players will even entertain transfer discussions due to their not great reputation.

Added to that, even before you start the first season they have alot of new players in pivotal roles who may take a while to settle in. Im about to start my game today (after having finally settled on a playable league/database structure i like) and i will be aiming for a top half finish first season and maybe top 5 or 6 second season.

No doubt with a bit of luck and a skillful manager (which i dont propose to be) they could do better but they are by no means EASY, id say average difficulty, easier than Tottenham or Newcastle, harder than the big 4 or the likes of Aston villa.

They spent a total of £120 million in my first season and got relegated! (along with Everton)

They had to sell all thier best players, like Robinho for £15m and Richards for £15m.

Now in the second season managing Forest in the championship and currently battling for an automatic promotion place with them and Everton.

Am just coming to the end of the Jan transfer window 2009 - So far they have spent £89mill, of which £17.5 + 15% of next sales profit they gave to me at Spurs for, Jermaine Jenas - Ha Ha Ha, although he has been doin ok

Man City are currently in 10th place, Mark Hughes is still the boss, with a secure job status.

I think Sparky, or at least my simulated version of him, has finally lost the plot. His signings at the start of the second season include Michael Owen for 27m, James Milner for 29m and Curtis Davies for 15m.

Too early in the season to see how well they'll do, but his signings don't inspire confidence.

I think Sparky, or at least my simulated version of him, has finally lost the plot. His signings at the start of the second season include Michael Owen for 27m, James Milner for 29m and Curtis Davies for 15m.

Too early in the season to see how well they'll do, but his signings don't inspire confidence.

damn i missed out on 7 million there :mad:

anyway

first season they spent 89 million and finished 11th

im in the febuary of the second season and they have spent 63 million and are 7th

Ok 3rd season now

So 08/09 they spent 100m on 7 players notable transfers were fernandino 21m from Shaktar, Zhirkov 12.5 from Cska, Arshavin, Mouthino and Palombo.

09/10 139 million on 7 players. Owen 29 million, L Diarra 20.5 mill, Santa Cruz 36 mill, De Jong 12 mill, Kranjcar 10.75 mill, S Taylor 13.75 mill and Palacio 27 mill.

So far this season 65 million on players who wouldn't consider big targets. mattock, Milner, Jagielka, Skrtel and Vargas

League positions 6th then %th currently 3rd but its very early in season.

spent 188 million on a season and a half for me, just pipped me to 4th postion (im the toon) by goal difference on first season and this season they are clear at the top by 5 points in jan.

But one of there buys was steve harper for 1.5 million lol, i snatched there hand off for that and bought ustari.

They have spent 354 million im a dedicated player 3 seasons in as man u they are bottom of the league currently.they have brought arshavin van nistlerooy aguero jermaine easter i havent a clue why messi roanldhion kaka and buffon

Just started the third season here, they aren't faring much better than most here.

£117M in the first season, including £35M on Rodrigo Palacio who's so far gone on to play a whole 17 games - no injuries, they just don't seem to want to play him. Finished 5th in the league, someway behind the top 4. Knocked out relatively early in all cup comps.

£104M in the second season, once again including £19M for a striker they don't want to play. Finished 9th in the league and again knocked out relatively early in all cup comps.

Spent £32M so far in the third season but sold off two of their star players.

/edit

Didn't check about Mark Hughes, he appears to of been sacked in December of the second season. Javier Aguirre has now taken over.

Well in my first season City spent 168mio.€

Record fee was paid for Bafetimbi Gomis they spent 31mio€ for him. He went on to have a poor season and had only 12 app. with 2 goals.

And they only sold Martin Petrov for 14.25mio€ to Aston Villa

In the end they were 8th with 52 pts 40 points behind league winners Liverpool who took the title Arsenal (85) and Manchester (79) followed 2nd and 3rd.

1st Season - Finished 11th after spending £130M on players including Mikel Arteta (23M), Joseph Yobo (18.25M), Darijo Srna (17.75M), Lucho Gonzalez (16.75M) amongst others.

2nd Season - Finished 8th after spending £72M on players including Falcao (26M), Fabricio Coloccini (16M), Oleg Husyev (13M) and, astoundingly, Steven Whittaker (7.25M) and Kyle Lafferty (7M)....Rangers must have thought Christmas had come early.

still 1st season in mine and theyve spent 123 million

it might be 'realistic' when january window opens but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth :( football is pretty much ruined, my arsenal cant cut itn with bargains anymore and they have to start buying

people say the premiership is the best league in the world now, but not for fans who love the roots of the game

In my second season. In the first season they bought 105m worth of players (Diarra for 20m!!!) and they sold Petrov for 12.75. In the second season thus far (and its only in late July!) they've bought 53m worth of players (Alan Hutton 14.75m!!!) and sold Elano and Fernandes for a collective 23.5m.

Yeah, very reckless. And they bought Arshavin who is already unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club!

They finished 5th in the first season, 2nd season yet to begin.

They spent £115m in their first season and finished 12th, then £124m in the second and finished 6th. Third season, they've only spent £22.5m on Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and are currently 12th at the start of November. Mark Hughes is still in charge. Their record signing is David Bentley for £37m! :D

You need to reduce Hughes buying playings attribute from 14 to 4 to make him make use of the money effectively

Unsurprisingly enough, the intention in the City data thread is to have his buying players attribute reduced for the next patch.

it sounds like man.c will not have great seasons if you are not the manager of them...i think that mostly, it counts the tactics and to put the players on the right position...cause i am not going in england as another manager than man.c or liverpool(with the cormorans i have not started yet)...but i have 2 seasons up with man.c and managed to win the championship and the League Cup in the first season, and in the second won the CL(and 2nd in the premiership-lost in the last round and arsenal won the title :( )i had good runs with the big teams(2nd season beated manu and arsenal in the CL)...so it depends on the tactics more than players(altough, they must be at least good signings)...so, i guess that man.c will almost always have bad positions when you are not managing them, cause the manager is, in my opinion, not good:)

Archived