Should I wait for another patch like last year

Last year I bought FM08 when it came out and I found it unplayable until the patch came out, same as a lot of people.

Is it worth waiting for SI to release another patch before buying this? Are there any game crippling issues in the game at the moment?

Like what exactly?

Sporadic glitching camera view which I haven't been able to reproduce (lasts whole match, is'nt related to computer specs and isnt related to CPU usage) - leaves me unable to watch a match in 3D

high levels of back passes to the goal keeper - longest by my team was from the opposition's penalty area (seems to be related to the use of the direct passing slider from what Ive observed)

Duplicated display of certain positions on the tactics screen while a match is in progress (AMC and striker positions duplicated for me) which I havent been able to reproduce so far

Various grammar/spelling/typo errors in the news items

Some others which I can't remember off the top of my head

Edit: One crash to desktop after just starting the game - so far only the one though

Sporadic glitching camera view which I haven't been able to reproduce (lasts whole match, is'nt related to computer specs and isnt related to CPU usage) - leaves me unable to watch a match in 3D

high levels of back passes to the goal keeper - longest by my team was from the opposition's penalty area (seems to be related to the use of the direct passing slider from what Ive observed)

Duplicated display of certain positions on the tactics screen while a match is in progress (AMC and striker positions duplicated for me) which I havent been able to reproduce so far

Various grammar/spelling/typo errors in the news items

Some others which I can't remember off the top of my head

Edit: One crash to desktop after just starting the game - so far only the one though

Cant say that I've really noticed your first three problems tbh. As for the spelling and grammar well maybe the SI team are dyslexic ;)

The fact it never remembers which view you watch matches in is one of the most annoying.

Unfortunately I would have to agree with this point. Even having the patch hasn't stopped this annoying problem.

If your PC can run it it's more than fine now.

Some minor annoyances but nothing that I'd class as "unplayable". I hit the bar quite a lot, for example, and the corner exploit still works (albeit less effective than before) but it doesn't out and out ruin the game.

FM will never, ever be perfect. If that's what you are waiting for you will be disappointed forever.

Its fine! I haven't got any of the problems mentioned about the match engine, its smooth as silk for me. It always sticks to my setting from match to match.

Its absolutely fine, buy it. Its extremely playable, in fact its more than that its a great game! Buy it and enjoy it don't let others put you off

Its playable, but it does have its bugs that are very very annoying. Im playing FM08 until the new patch comes out because my patience with FM09 has simply ran out.

Its upto you really, I would recommend to play it now, but we are warning you that it does have its annoying problems.

is anyone else still sometimes getting the crash when you are starting a game? you submit your team and then the game stops responding and you are forced to close it. has happened a few times and its bloody annoying. it only seems to happen though on the first game after loading up my saved file again.

My game’s gone back to the shop and it’s FM7 again until the second patch is out, it’s had a decent reception on here and the following (acknowledged – before the “it’s your tactics” brigade starts) bugs are mentioned as fixed:

1. Ludicrous own goals.

2. Far too many long shot goals.

3. Route one keeper straight to striker (sometimes even bypassing the striker and going straight in) goals.

4. Match bumping into real time after tactical changes are made and before tactical changes kick in.

5. Match not remembering screen preferences once tactical changes are made, thus consigning the match experience either to missing highlights you should be seeing while in preferred non-pitch view, or gazing forlornly at players frozen in time or strangely running on the spot. Clicking between views inevitably ends in tears.

6. Game crashing / freezing for ages going into matches without using that numpty windowed mode which means commands at the periphery of vision are out of reach without much messing about and grumbling.

I’m sure there was another one, but I can’t remember what it is.

Archived