FM09 - Explanation for Extra Data Files

Hi guys,

Got my copy of FM09 today (just couldn't wait any longer) and I'm in the process of setting up my first game.

As always I've started with editing the game preferences, and I would like to know what the various Extra Data Files actually mean. I've done a search of the forums and checked the manual, but have been unable to locate any explanations.

So if you know (not just guessing) what the following means, please feel free to enlighten me :)

- add_my_chairmen (guess: enable loaded datafile where you've created your own chairmen?)

- add_my_journalists (guess: enable loaded datafile where you've created your own journalists?)

- add_my_media_sources (guess: enable loaded datafile where you've created your own media sources?)

- alliteration_adjectives (guess: no idea! I think it was in the last game too, but I stll have no idea :D)

- sugardaddy (ok I know this one)

- valid_takeovers_only (ok I know this one too)

Thanks to all who share their knowledge on this :thup:

Open the files in Notepad. The ones you mentioned all contain editing instructions.

Clavin99 - I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's easy to find - just open all the files in that folder in Notepad. It's clearly flagged as to what each thing does. Just delete what you don't want to happen.

Archived