How far does the transfer bug reach?

Ok so there has been an acceptance that there is bug whereby you can sign almost any player on a free transfer on a bosman, no matter what club you are. We have been told by marc that this kinda can be solved and eliminated by clicking to only search interested players.

BUT I was wondering does this stretch to players you are buying? So as Portsmouth I have a lot of money and could bid a lot for players I would perhaps not normally get, does the bug come into play here?

I think as long as you bid enough to get the player to discuss terms you can sign them as far as I know. If you can afford a fee to get accepted by the club and your board lets you offer his wages then as far as I have seen so far he will always sign 100%.

This isn't the case - for instance try signing someone like Fabregas at Man City in the first season - he's highly unlikely to move to Man City in the game until they qualify for a European competition.

I think as long as you bid enough to get the player to discuss terms you can sign them as far as I know. If you can afford a fee to get accepted by the club and your board lets you offer his wages then as far as I have seen so far he will always sign 100%.

See that's the problem...in FM PC it's not like that it's more like what Glenn said;

This isn't the case - for instance try signing someone like Fabregas at Man City in the first season - he's highly unlikely to move to Man City in the game until they qualify for a European competition.

I'm just wondering how far the bug that lets you sign anyone on a free transfer reaches out. Is the player decision making process coding broken completely, or just when approached for a bosman, for example Walcott moving to lower league teams. If you sold a ton of players and somehow managed to muster the money to have a bid accepted for him, would he move even though is extremely unlikely in real life?

Archived