Mac users graphic detail

have you tried setting it to 'automatic'? i get 3d instead of hockey pucks.

if the hockey pucks come back i just flip it to 2d and back and get the 3d back. i also turn off stadia and sky.

that said patch download is in progress don't know if that will affect anything.

Can a Mod comment on the Mac patch graphic detail? Mine too only has 'Low' as an option. I'm running a MacBook Pro with an Nvidia 8600 card. Is this a shortfall of my system, or are all Macs only capable of having 'Low' graphic detail, or is it irrelevant to Macs?

Please explain, thanks.

You know, instead of replying angryly and making double posts in the process you could have a bit of patience and wait for someone to give a statement..

They will do it..

Eventually..

I hope..

Yeah well since it was in the game since the demo, and no one has commented... bit ****ed off.

I really hope SI let us know why it is still only low detail that can be selected on all graphics cards, not just lower spec ones as this is really annoying. There is no way I want to run Windows on my mac either to be able to work around this. Please can you let us know what will be done about this as I like the game itself a lot!!

Cheers,

I have mine set to automatic and just assumed it would use the low setting as that was the only one available. But my players don't look like hockey pucks, they look like players. Kan those unsatisfied with the "low" graphics try setting it to "automatic" and see if that helps? I'm not at home right now, otherwise I would test it myself.

On faster macs there are no hockey pucks instead of players, that's maybe just auto select for lower spec mac with older graphic cards. On my mac it looks more like medium 3-D on a pc.

Hi guys!

I have the new aluminium Macbook, with following specs, 2,4Ghz CPU, 4Gb Ram and the Nvidia GeForce 9400M grapich card.

Should this Mac be able to play the game with grapichal detail on high?, because i have a older Asus laptop that running the game with grapichal detail on high with no problem, with this specs, 1,83Ghz CPU, 1Gb Ram and ATI X1600 256Mb.

I thought the Nvidia GeForce 9400M GPU would be better than ATI X1600 256Mb, am I wrong about that?

i'm still not convinced that there *is* a problem, at least not on all macs. ambolt got it right IMO.

you can select "auto-select" in the preferences. if you are not seeing hockey pucks running around, but instead you're seeing little men--then you're looking at medium resolution at the very least. i haven't had any significant problem with the graphics.

if 'auto' gives you hockey pucks, which computer do you have? if you have a macbook with one of the intel video cards, i remember reading somewhere that the video card is not yet supported.

i don't think anyone should be having problems on a macbook pro however.

The point is that, if a older laptop with less good specs running the game with graphical detail on high with no problem, I would expect that the new Aluminum MB with better specs to do the same. I can select "auto-select" and yes it is better than low, but I really think my MB should running this game on graphical detail on high without any problem when my laptop does that with no problem.

In the new MB there is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M grapich card, not Intel X3100/GMA 950, and the Nvidia card is much better!

Well, what you get with the automatic setting might be what's considered "high" on the Mac at this point. Due to the differences between OpenGL and DirectX, it's entirely conceivable that they didn't have the resources to make a good enough graphics engine on the Mac this time around.

So this could be just a bug with the menu itself.

I have a 2008 Macbook Pro that runs Call of Duty 4 flawlessly, i know the card can handle i just wish SI could please fix it!

i'm running a 2007 macbook pro and it runs the game absolutely flawlessly. i've run the demo, the unpatched full version and now the patch, so this is quite strange. has the hardware changed that much? what video card is in your machine? mine has ATI radeon x1600.

also, are you on OS 10.5.5? according to SI this is the ONLY mac OS officially supported.

So are you saying that I will not be able to play the game in 3D Mode with my brand new iMac? We were able to in the demo right?

i have no idea what's under the hood of a brand new imac, although you'd be on 10.5.5 most likely, so one hurdle overcome.

if the demo works in 3d then you can very, very likely play the full version in 3d.

I can't select it with a MacBook Pro. I think this may prove to be a big issue, as SI has not commented on it once, and doesn't even act as though it knows the problem exists.

i'm not clear on what you can't select: if you can select "auto" and see players instead of hockey pucks, then it works pretty well and you're not likely to see an improvement (until, maybe, fm2010). however, as ambolt pointed out, there is definitely something wrong with the 'switch', but it doesn't affect how well the 3d works for many people (me, for example).

I agree psucolonel. This is a deal-breaker as a Mac user.

to clarify, i hope you're saying that hockey pucks instead of players is a deal breaker, and not the little bug in the switch, as the switch bug is so minor as to beraly be noticeable.

no, I see players, but it looks more like medium detail than full. both medium and full are greyed out, but no hockey pucks. It doesn't look nearly as good as some of the screen shots/photos I've seen.

on low graphics, i assume you cannot see the stadium, crowd etc etc

I find it jumpy, and unresponsive, even with the new patch.

maybe Si will need a further patch just to address this issue, what gets me, is that some macs have extremely powerful graphic cards, more so than PC, so why doesn't it work ?

why produce a game and release it knlowing then 3D on macs won't be brilliant :confused:

Archived