Will FM09 be available on mac's power pcs?

Any chance of an official reaction, don't want to be waiting around hoping, may as well sell the poxy thing 2nd hand, btw, any idea why the decision would be made to exclude mac users who bought their computers pre intel?, I'd be of the impression that the majority of mac owners would be from the power pc era. Also I'm extremely confused how every year the minimum specs go up, we are basically talking about a text based game with very limited graphics, I mean the 3d looks like something the commodore 64 could handle?? Is there a conspiracy between game developers and computer manufacturers????? :), My first PC I bought about 1995 could play games like Age Of Empires, Half Life, Close Combat and I'm wholly lost as to what exactly there is about FM 09 which demands such extremely powerful spec's..... anybody care to explain?

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding...

The official word is FM09 does not support Power PC and will not officially. However some people have it working by some reports... best way to check - does the patched demo work for you on it? If not, it won't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2009

As you can see, the box art has a 'universal' logo on it.

Have a look in the big 'waiting for mac patch' topic - I think someone explained there it shouldn't have had the universal logo on it.

eh? universal binary logo on box means its ppc/x86 compat.

the manual has it printed clearly on page 4:

powerpc min spec:

osx 10.5.3, nvidia geforce 6600 / ati 9600 radeon (5 year old card ffs).

if its not ppc compat return it under the sales of goods act (or your local equivalent legislation) and state misleading, misdirecting or false advertising.

Any chance of an official reaction, don't want to be waiting around hoping, may as well sell the poxy thing 2nd hand, btw, any idea why the decision would be made to exclude mac users who bought their computers pre intel?, I'd be of the impression that the majority of mac owners would be from the power pc era. Also I'm extremely confused how every year the minimum specs go up, we are basically talking about a text based game with very limited graphics, I mean the 3d looks like something the commodore 64 could handle?? Is there a conspiracy between game developers and computer manufacturers????? :), My first PC I bought about 1995 could play games like Age Of Empires, Half Life, Close Combat and I'm wholly lost as to what exactly there is about FM 09 which demands such extremely powerful spec's..... anybody care to explain?

You can't just look at the games in isolation. Its the progams that computers are running in the background too which means that higher spec PCs are needed. E.g. Vista takes more resources than XP which takes more than 2000 which took more than 98 etc etc. And the same with things like virus scanners. So its the combination of increased resources needed for both games and normal computer programmes that together combine to require e.g. 2gb RAM and a dual core to run things smoothly.

Can anyone from sigames give us an official statement as to whether or not the game will at some point support Power PCs? If not I will return it but otherwise I am happy to wait until the issue is resolved, either way is there an answer?

The PR for tech support of this game is horrible, still no answers! You would think someone could get on this thread and give us an idea as to whether or not this PPC thing is ever going to happen. Go to http://www.footballmanager.com/ and down the very bottom we still see a universal logo for macs.

For SI to come out later and simply say Power PCs are not supported is just plain misleading. The fact that the logo on the box art and the website say that the game should support PPCs gives me the impression that the tech guys are just too lazy to come up with a fix. And I dont even care if we can't get an immediate fix - i'd just like an answer either way.

The game installs and runs on Power PC's, the OS doesn't say you don't have the required processor architecture to run the game (as it should if it's intel-only). It goes to a grey screen after it loads - games that don't run on power pcs don't even let you install.

Archived