HELP!!Playing on two computers at the same time???

Right, my brother installed FM09 on his laptop via steam. I have now installed the game on my computer and am wondering if its possible to play at the same time as my brother? Everytime I click on the game on steam it says the program is already running - because my brothers playing it. Is there any way to play on two computers at the same time? Or am I going to have to get another copy. With FM08 it was easy, put the disk in to get it running then take it out and start it up on another computer no problems, but now it seems with FM09 I cant do this.

Help please, dont give me a link to another thread, I've looked through them all without success.

go into the steam folder take the fm exe , make a short cut to desktop, i think that way it starts without steam

Tried that but each time I load up the game, even via steam it comes up with 'football manager is already running' even when its not being played on another computer.

Right, my brother installed FM09 on his laptop via steam. I have now installed the game on my computer and am wondering if its possible to play at the same time as my brother? Everytime I click on the game on steam it says the program is already running - because my brothers playing it. Is there any way to play on two computers at the same time? Or am I going to have to get another copy. With FM08 it was easy, put the disk in to get it running then take it out and start it up on another computer no problems, but now it seems with FM09 I cant do this.

Help please, dont give me a link to another thread, I've looked through them all without success.

Isn't that against the license and effectively "stealing"?

It's a bit of a dodgy issue I reckon. You have 5 licences to use the game on your own machines, which is fair enough. Now are you allowed to let someone else use the game on your machine? Technically SI and Sega say that this is allowed in the sense that you can play a 'hot-seat' multiplayer mode, which has always been advertised in the manual. You don't need two copies of the game to do that, yet more than one person is playing it. It's definately breaking the licence rules to allow someone to install the game on their own machine to play on, but if you own both and allow someone to use it I'm not sure whether the same applies.

get your brother to restart steam in offline mode, then he loads up fm

you can then load steam to as he aint online and you can both run the game and see each other

hope i dont get in trouble for this, shouldn't as it adheres to the 5 license's.

hope that helps

hope i dont get in trouble for this, shouldn't as it adheres to the 5 license's.

The problem is that as far as I know it's 1 license that grants you 5 simultaneous installs/activations - not 5 licenses.

So, technically it's against the rules, but as long as it's just two brothers sharing a game, it's most likely not anything SI will really bother making a lot of fuss about.

IIRC the license allows a single user to install the software on up to 5 machines at one time but only use one of these installs at a time. 1 game = 1 single user license.

The reason it is stopping you is because it's programmed that way to try to prevent you from breaking the license agreement. Anything you do to "trick" the system is breaking the license you agreed to when installing the game and I would imagine is breaking the law.

Technically when you play a multiplayer hotseat game, only one user is ever actually using the software at one time. The other people are just watching. Once you start playing a network game however, each person is then using the the software at the same time.

Archived