Transfer Bug

As Neji says, this is normal practice IRL. I think the initial fee for Walcott was £5m, but it will eventually rise to £13m because of all the clause.

I can't remember, but in game do you not get the full fee immediately? The clauses only affect the finance screen, not your transfer budget.

As Neji says, this is normal practice IRL. I think the initial fee for Walcott was £5m, but it will eventually rise to £13m because of all the clause.

I can't remember, but in game do you not get the full fee immediately? The clauses only affect the finance screen, not your transfer budget.

You will get the amount over 12 months added to your transfer budget (depending on how much the chairman gives you), anything after is not added to your transfer budget.

I think Walcott's fee is all paid off now due to Southamptons finances, Arsenal paid it off for a smaller amount so Southampton could get the money now, but yeah, thats who it was structured.

Well you learn something new everyday. I always thought the overall fee was given to you by the board because they were guaranteed the funds, so the budget would gradually increase because of clauses, but transfer budget would increase automatically by the full amount.

srwlml23, how on earth did you get £28m for Ryan Nelson?

I understand the majority of all transfers are over a certain amount of time, but this realism takes the fun out of the game. Everyone wants to do some wheeling and dealin,

It becomes frustrating that other temas wont pay you immediatly and in full.

Especailly when its to much of a ball ache to buy players the same way.

I understand the majority of all transfers are over a certain amount of time, but this realism takes the fun out of the game. Everyone wants to do some wheeling and dealin,

It becomes frustrating that other temas wont pay you immediatly and in full.

Especailly when its to much of a ball ache to buy players the same way.

When a team wants to pay over 24 months then negotiate so that you get the full sum at once. I did this and it does work most of the time.

Well you learn something new everyday. I always thought the overall fee was given to you by the board because they were guaranteed the funds, so the budget would gradually increase because of clauses, but transfer budget would increase automatically by the full amount.

srwlml23, how on earth did you get £28m for Ryan Nelson?

:D Bit of a edited game

In fairness, most large transfers these days are paid over a set period of time.

Clubs generally cant write off tens of millions of pounds per month.

Does anyone know if you get a decent discount on players if you offer the money up front as opposed to over 24 months?

Archived