Disgraceful

I cannot believe how difficult it is to play an online game on 2009, I have never had any other trouble running games from 2006 onwards but now find I cannot play online, and before the moderators get on their high horse and close the thread I have spent hours sifting through all the help threads and turned off firewalls and done port forwarding and all the other crap but I still don't get on, admittedly I'm not very technical with computers but my complaint is it shouldn't be that hard. I can switch on my x box plug a cable into my livebox and play games and talk through a flimsy headset with absolutely no problems to people on the other side of the world, so why is it so difficult to get football manager online going, I would hope that its not a conscious decision by SI to encourage people to only play FM Live, Is there going to be something where STEAM can run as server, a bit like Sierra di for Empire Earth or even EA for FIFA

The only difference from when I played previously was I had a cable that connected to the PC but now my internet is wireless, so yeah its probably to do with the livebox router, but I have tried all the portforwarding and it just doesn't connect, strangely a mate has a wired connection and was able to connect to him, sorry about the rant but I am just getting really frustrated, and I know its not really down to the game but to livebox(probably), would be handy if I could have someone talk me through the portforwarding just to make sure I am doing it correctly and I am sure I am doing it correctly but the result contradicts that as it still hasn't worked

Please...use periods and paragraphs...

Go into router settings by typing your ip address into your browser (internet explorer or mozilla) this will bring up your router settings, go to ports, open the following i think its 70094 udp and tcp, i think. That should be it then. You may need to change your Ip extension ending in settings to 100, 101 or 102, and tick the relative box. Save your settings. Go in to game and if your the host, tick 'run as server' in the game settings. Hope some of this helps.

As far as I can tell it works exactly the same as the previous versions. I'm not the host of our online games anymore though. So I haven't had to forward my ports. Maybe the ports FM uses have changed?

What kind of router are you using by the way? I recommend using a Linksys one.

Archived