Sacked as Arsenal manager without being insecure!

Hi!

As Arsenal manager I experienced getting sacked after 34 games, lying in 5th place only 3 points behind second placed Chelsea. Despite being told to maintain a title challenge before the season, I must say it's really strange to get sacked with only 4 games left and having the chance to end as a runner up. This was in the first season by the way!

I wasn't listed as insecure or didn't get any signs that the board wanted to replace me. This must be a bug or something, I did never experience this in FM08. I also had one year left on my current contract! At least the board should have given me the chance to end the season before they sacked me! This would never have happened in real life!

SI, would you please look into this? Anyone else discovered something like it??

I've just noticed a similar thing actually. I'm in no danger of being sacked (I hope) but I've just taken a look at my board confidence at the start of November 2008. I've got a board expectation of UEFA Cup football through league position, and I'm currently in 6th after 11 games, just one point behind Arsenal in 4th and the 5th spot which is a UEFA Cup berth, 4 points behind Liverpool in 2nd, and 9 points behind Man Utd in 1st. However, the board are "disappointed that the team is currently only on course to achieve a respectable league position this season". Surely it's both a - a bit too early to make that kind of judgement so far and b - a very harsh thing to say when I'm one point off their expectation a third of the way in?

Yes I've seen it mentioned on torrent sites. :)

Now, I'm not saying you've cracked your game, but you did ask :p

If you run a rolling save, try and load an older date and see if the same thing happens.

Was there possibly a take over and you missed it? I know you can suddenly be sacked for no obvious reason after a take over.

If there wasn't a take over then I am hoping and praying that its not the FM2008 confidence bug which I thought had been fixed. I think you should mention this in the bugs forum.

I know that cracked FM09 games cant go on holiday mode as what I read on the internet, if it is true that you get sacked to that is excellent.

However, if this poster has the original game can you please post in the bugs forum and upload your saved game.

It is being reported that you get sacked towards the end of the season, but I can't confirm that :)

Flastur - especially considering that 6th and even 7th might qualify you for a UEFA Cup position, depending on the League Cup and F.A. Cup results.

The problem here may be that the game assumes only 3 CL places are available, then allocates the 4th one after the CL is complete. So the game thinks you need to be 4th for UEFA Cup even though you don't.

Hi!

As Arsenal manager I experienced getting sacked after 34 games, lying in 5th place only 3 points behind second placed Chelsea. Despite being told to maintain a title challenge before the season, I must say it's really strange to get sacked with only 4 games left and having the chance to end as a runner up. This was in the first season by the way!

I wasn't listed as insecure or didn't get any signs that the board wanted to replace me. This must be a bug or something, I did never experience this in FM08. I also had one year left on my current contract! At least the board should have given me the chance to end the season before they sacked me! This would never have happened in real life!

It must be a bug LOL I like it, next time the lads come round and I get sacked on FM 09 I can just say its ok lads it`s a bug. No honestly it is.:rolleyes:

Hi!

I know some Arsenal supporters are asking to sack Wenger, despite the Gunners still in 4th place and not yet even December. and this is a manager well respected with great reputation. perhaps FM merely reflects the real world of football today - we are living in a PLASTIC world.

did u set ur CV as Sunday League Footballer? if so maybe the board doest haven't confidence in u to turn things around.

Or he got a crack version of it, FIFA Manager this year has it so that if you have a crack version you get sacked at the end of the first season, so your level is so low you can't get another job, smart.

That's "FIFA Manager" not "Football Manager"

Archived