Just how rare are Sons?

I got Filippo Mancini (the son of the Inter manager) come up through the youth team in my FM08 Man City game in my 4th season. Funny cuz he is Italian, his dad is at Inter yet he is at Man City (though I have Italian coach which may help).

Does it actually inform you (like, through a news item) that you've a son playing in the game, or is it simply something you find by searching for your surname and looking at the player's favoured personnel? I've played 20+ years on the last two FMs and never had a son.. at least not that I knew of..

I have been loading the youth intake day for about two hours now and still haven't produced a son. So I assume they are pretty rare! I just want to check so I haven't been wasting my time that you can actually get them from doing this?

If this kind of stuff is really important to you, you'd be better off buying EA's Fifa manager. You can get a girlfriend, buy her gifts and all other sorts of other utterly irrelevent rubbish in this game.

Does it actually inform you (like, through a news item) that you've a son playing in the game, or is it simply something you find by searching for your surname and looking at the player's favoured personnel? I've played 20+ years on the last two FMs and never had a son.. at least not that I knew of..

No it doesn't inform you, you'll just a random spawned youth player with your surname, nationality and like 20-30 years younger than you.

I got Filippo Mancini (the son of the Inter manager) come up through the youth team in my FM08 Man City game in my 4th season. Funny cuz he is Italian, his dad is at Inter yet he is at Man City (though I have Italian coach which may help).

He's there at the start and he did play for them irl

I had a son in my first season when i was in Brazil he came through the youth team when i first started the game in the Brazilian 3rd division I was managing. I was 31 and he was 16. The only time I have ever seen it happen myself.

I had a son in my first season when i was in Brazil he came through the youth team when i first started the game in the Brazilian 3rd division I was managing. I was 31 and he was 16. The only time I have ever seen it happen myself.

Are you sure because how old would you have been when he was born then ;)

I thought the game took that into account when deciding what age you should be to get a son.

Archived