can some PLEASE HELP - graohics / patch issue

Can someone please help with the problem im having with fm2009.

I have been all through the thread for solutions and this has not come up yet from what i see.

I have quite an oldish laptop but was able to run the demo fine (minus 3D match engine) and the same with the game when i downloaded it.

However, now that I have downloaded the patch I get the "Cannot setup graphics error" I have downloaded all the possible programmes (including the massive direct X file). This file will not even install on my laptop - I dont think I even have a graphics card as far as I am aware.

My question is, why, if my game runs fine without the patch is this suddenly giving me all these problems ? Surely the patch is supposed to make the game better not make it unplayable.

I have to say it sickens, given all the issues with FM2009, that the top thread is still win a can of FM deodrant. How about instead of cheap gimmicks more time is put into the game and its development to avoid this utter shambles. If my demo worked fine and I buy the game based on this then I feel totally misled by the fact that the actual game when patched requires different specs to play. Absolute joke - have played this game since the CM Italia series so to say I feel completely let down by sports interactive is an understatement.

Anyways, Im sure lots of people have problems of their own with this game but if anyone can shed any light on this it owuld be much appreciated !

Many thanks,

Odd that DirectX won't install, I'd suggest that'd definitely help. And your PC will have some kinds of GFX card which you could attempt to update the drivers for.

If you'd like some help with this, please contact and raise a ticket with Customer Services.

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

Sorry you're struggling, but it at least seems likely that if the demo worked the main game should have a chance, unless your PC is under spec...

Post your specs and you might get more help. If your not sure how to do this then right click on the my computer icon and select properties from the menu. Post back and tell us exactly what it says.

One of the folders in Program Files/Football Manager 2009 is called 'directx' and appears to store in zip format all of Microsofts updates for the past few years. It is 100mb's.

Could someone confirm if it is it safe to delete this once the game is installed and running fine ?

Thanks.

Thanks for your help Matt,

Yes I dont see why it wont work seeing it is only the patch which is causing the problem.

One installing the Direct X download I go to run it and it starts installing for a short while before I see the following message:

Errors were encountered during the installation of the NET framework 2.0 redist package and setup could not continue.

Check the log file located in the user/temp directory for more information.

Error code S1023

Sorry but this doesnt really mean much to me in all honesty.....does it you ???

Trekman, thanks for your help also, the specs of my laptop are (not sure if you require more)

Intel ® Celeron ® M

processor 1.40GHZ

224 MB RAM

As I say the demo and unpatched game work so I am hoping that specs arent an issue but I do not want to play the game unpatched.

Thanks again to you both for your help

Yes I dont see why it wont work seeing it is only the patch which is causing the problem.

One installing the Direct X download I go to run it and it starts installing for a short while before I see the following message:

Errors were encountered during the installation of the NET framework 2.0 redist package and setup could not continue.

Error code S1023

Trekman, thanks for your help also, the specs of my laptop are (not sure if you require more)

Intel ® Celeron ® M

processor 1.40GHZ

224 MB RAM

As I say the demo and unpatched game work so I am hoping that specs arent an issue but I do not want to play the game unpatched.

Hmm. No listing to check on here, but you're way down on RAM from what I recall.

Have you tried this? - Is this what you're trying to run?

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Error code S1023

Intel ® Celeron ® M

processor 1.40GHZ

224 MB RAM

The minimum specs for the game say

Mac System requirements

The game is currently only being supported on Intel Mac's only, and the minimum requirements are - OSX 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon. 1GB RAM.

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

So going by that you need lots more ram. But if you can afford it I think it might be time for a new computer.

thanks both again - I will have to check the RAM when I get home - that must be a mistake as like I say it runs fine without the patch.

Thanks Matt, i have tried to download this file and see error S1023 - as another guy has had on a thread I read - not sure what this means or how to get around it ?

As you suggested I have raised a customer service ticket so hopefully they will be able to sort it out.

Very frustrating but thanks both for your efforts

• 3 weeks later...
what's Pc specs? Engslish isn't my main language. Where do I find them?

I have downloaded the patch.

My direct x is 9.0 c, asI assume the others have as well. Do we need Directx 10, or something?

type in your run box dxdiag and press enter once it opens look what your specs of the computer are write them down then click the display tab at the top of the dxdiag and write down your display device and its memory then post it back on here

I gave up trying to fix this S1023 error - was driving me crazy ! Hope you get the fix you require.

Had to buy new laptop - I needed one - but FM was the main reason.

Sega should really do a partnership with Acer or someone to get discount - I am pretty sure that a lot of new ppl buy new laptops year on year to play the game. So they could actually be doing people a favour while making money.

Surely that would be a sweeter pill to swallow for those that bought the game and had problems than coming on the site and seeing a FM deodorant promotion. Very poor taste !

I gave up trying to fix this S1023 error - was driving me crazy ! Hope you get the fix you require.

Had to buy new laptop - I needed one - but FM was the main reason.

Sega should really do a partnership with Acer or someone to get discount - I am pretty sure that a lot of new ppl buy new laptops year on year to play the game. So they could actually be doing people a favour while making money.

Surely that would be a sweeter pill to swallow for those that bought the game and had problems than coming on the site and seeing a FM deodorant promotion. Very poor taste !

I don't want to buy a new computer. Mine is stationary and has never had problem running any other games

. And if you buy a game, you shouldn't have to fix so many problems making it work. First the harrising with some activation code, which I had to download programs JUST FOR BEING ABLE TO USE THE ACTIVATING PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to play a game I've bought for a lot of money. The computer is new. Getting QUITTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE angry now. If the question was "activation code" or "functioning game" I'm pretty upset the decision was the first mentioned.

Are you working on this SI GAMES or what happens? No replys for a couple of days now.

It's almost impossible to help without more information about your computer. I'm sorry.

If you're struggling this much I'd suggest you need to contact Customer Services and let them try and help. They'll be able to verify if there are any issues with your hardware (possible even with a new PC) or if it's a known issue.

Cheers

Matt

It's almost impossible to help without more information about your computer. I'm sorry.

If you're struggling this much I'd suggest you need to contact Customer Services and let them try and help. They'll be able to verify if there are any issues with your hardware (possible even with a new PC) or if it's a known issue.

Cheers

Matt

Ok. I'm not the only. Talked to two other guys who has similar problem.

Cheers

Matt

well, I checked the link. NOWHERE it says how to contact them. Can't find an email address or anything?

Cheers

Matt

I assume you logged in? After logging in your should see an option to submit a ticket.

Thought ticket had to do with other things. Not used to english. Thanks, I found it.

Archived