So guys, should I buy now or wait a few months?

Hello angry fm'ers.

I been playin the game since back in 92ish: gazza had just joined lazio, you could still buy a little fat guy called Maradona, and all you need to succeed was a 3-4-1-2 formation - it didn't even matter who played where. I remember playing Erik Thorstvedt upfront and he banged in a hattrick, yes...those were the days.

Anyways, I've purchased nearly every FM/CM on the day of release since time immemorial and when news came that SI had decided it was time for a 3D match engine, well, i almost wet my pants. I always respected the fact that they put it off for so long to keep the realism... but then i played the demo.

say no more. I decided to wait a few days after release to gauge the reaction. it had been a while since i'd gauged anything, and i like a bit of a gauge every now and then so i gauged. and what a hullapalooza. glad for the gauge.

but now things have calmed down a tad, i'd like some of the cm veterans to tell me whether i should buy or not - i don't wanna hear nothing about the activation issues, we all know all about that - just the game play please.

I'm sure it's better than the demo, and i imagine the patch has helped, but how much so? still stupid injuries, mainly long range goals etc?

should i wait for the next patch i suppose is the question here.

cheers.

I also partook in some "gauging".....and i gauged some more, and some more until finally i bought the damn thing yesterday. Im the same as you, a "veteran" of the game, and i've had every single version since 96/97. For the last 3 years its been, "im too busy to bother with this game, i definately wont be buying it," however invariably a house mate will buy it and the fist punching and yelling will pull me in again!

I have not played the game properly as yet, however i have looked around the boards as you are doing now. If you ignore many (not all) of the petty gripes some people have, you will find that the majority of people seem to think that this game is the best one for a while.

I could be completely wrong on this but that is what my gauging has led me to believe.

Just go to your local shop and get it bought....whats £30 between friends

p.s. nice to meet a fellow gauger.

Personally, I'm waiting to see if the demo is patched because as it stands now, I just won't accept FM09 causing my machine to shut down at anytime during gameplay. I'm funny that way

Until then, SI won't be getting my money

Hello angry fm'ers.

I been playin the game since back in 92ish: gazza had just joined lazio, you could still buy a little fat guy called Maradona, and all you need to succeed was a 3-4-1-2 formation - it didn't even matter who played where. I remember playing Erik Thorstvedt upfront and he banged in a hattrick, yes...those were the days.

Anyways, I've purchased nearly every FM/CM on the day of release since time immemorial and when news came that SI had decided it was time for a 3D match engine, well, i almost wet my pants. I always respected the fact that they put it off for so long to keep the realism... but then i played the demo.

say no more. I decided to wait a few days after release to gauge the reaction. it had been a while since i'd gauged anything, and i like a bit of a gauge every now and then so i gauged. and what a hullapalooza. glad for the gauge.

but now things have calmed down a tad, i'd like some of the cm veterans to tell me whether i should buy or not - i don't wanna hear nothing about the activation issues, we all know all about that - just the game play please.

I'm sure it's better than the demo, and i imagine the patch has helped, but how much so? still stupid injuries, mainly long range goals etc?

should i wait for the next patch i suppose is the question here.

cheers.

Archived