A Suggestion To SI About Game Updates

Sorry if this suggestion has been made before but these forums are so busy it's hard to search.

This probably won't really apply to anyone here but for people who have bought the game and are not heavy internet users. I have a feeling a large proportion of these customers do not know about update patches or at least don't know how important they are. When I told my mate I was waiting on the patch for the Mac he didn't know what I meant. He has been playing on the PC and having injury problems because he is unpatched. I also read some reviews on play.com from customers complaining about injuries etc. They obviously do not know about the patch.

There is a paragraph on page 51 of the instruction booklet about this and I know there is an update feature in the game but I bet people are just playing the game and not checking for updates.

My suggestion for future games is to have a prominent standalone leaflet with details of updates etc. There is still a chance this will be ignored but at least it gives them a better chance of playing the game in its full glory. I doubt many people read to page 51 of the instruction manual.

Just an idea which I think will improve the gaming experience for some users and hope will be considered.

I think it would be an idea for the game to check for updates by itself - much like Xbox 360 games work on Live. If you're connected to the net, it can check and then bring up a box informing you that an update is available.

I completely agree.

My cousin who has played CM/FM since 99 or something like that does not know anything about data/patch updates. If he's lucky I install it for him, otherwise he just plays on with the original game. It's like SI think everyone knows about the patches, just like they think "everybody can activate their game through the internet".

As suggested, let the game check for updates. Who clicks on the 'update' button in the game, especially when patches are out very few times a year?? Not many I guess.

I think it would be an idea for the game to check for updates by itself - much like Xbox 360 games work on Live. If you're connected to the net, it can check and then bring up a box informing you that an update is available.

Or better still automatically download and install the patch in much the same way as steam currently does but without the problems associated with steam.

Or better still automatically download and install the patch in much the same way as steam currently does but without the problems associated with steam.

I think it needs to give you the option, as some people don't like installing patches without seeing if they are ok. With 08 for example, I prefered 8.0.1 to 8.0.2.

Archived