one on ones..a different take

I see lots of people on the forums complaining about the amount of one on ones they score compared to the amount they have, i believe thiis is true but i have a different theory. I think the match engine creates far too many per game and if we scored the correct amount the games would end up 5-5 every week, therefore I believe the match engine to combat this reduces the amount scored. As I believe the actual amount scored per team per season is about spot on.

The only way i think that this one on one problem will be solved is for the match engine to stop giving so many one on one opportunities.

Any one have any thoughts on this?

I don't think we see the full story with one on ones and won't until we see realistic collision detection, shirt pulling, more detailed ball control and properly animated goalkeepers.

In my opinion it is not the number of one on ones, nor the conversion rate, it is that none of the views accurately depict the difficulty of the chance.

In my opinion it is not the number of one on ones, nor the conversion rate, it is that none of the views accurately depict the difficulty of the chance.

I'm afraid this never really held water before and now when we have the 3D the flaws are highlighted even further. The chances missed are too often ridiculous, players through on goal with all the time in the world, no-one really able to challenge, keeper positioned poorly yet they still manage to do something idiotic instead of putting it away. This aspect was actually fine in 8.0.2. It was alright before 07. I'm sure it'll be tolerable in 9.3.0 or whatever the final patch will be. Right now it's messed up and it must be acknowledged. Artificially cutting down high scoring games by dumbing down the players will never go down too well as far as I'm concerned.

I hardly see any one on ones going in, seeing plenty of chances though. I would say there are too many one on ones created but I think it is a lot due to the marking being so difficult to get right, defenders are very often completly out of position at least mine are.

Combine this with goalkeepers hitting the ball to the other penalty box where strikers usually have no problem finding space there is a lot of one on ones.

Archived