Can you play FM2009 without a internet connection

Hi all

I have managed to get FM2009 running ok once the activation problems were sorted out. I dont have a wireless internet connection but I do have a normal network connection. It seems that I have to be connected to the internet to play.

If I start a game whilst connected to the internet, I can pull the ethernet cable out and take my laptop elsewhere and play easily. However, if I quit the game and restart it without reconnecting to the internet, the game wont load and gives me the SoftAnchor screen, prompting me to enter my authentication code again. I then cant launch the game until I have re-connected to the net, which involves me stomping up 3 flights of stairs to connect to the net in my attic, to only come back down to sit on my sofa and play.

Is there anyway round this? Its an absurd restriction - the game is registered and is running fine but I cant cope with this re-connecting to the net everytime I want to play.

HELP!

you can play without connecting. just go to computer/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009. in there you will find a blue box with a yellow '09' on it. click that and hey presto! no internet needed. better still move the box to your desktop. hope this helps.

Thanks Brandon

Have you tried this and does this actually work?

Dont suppose you have a secret formula for making my players score goals - loads of chances in a lot of games but no goals. Tried loads of tactical settings but no real difference.

Archived