This is why there are too many injuries - AI are dirty!

If you watch the match in full like me you will notice the amount of stop and start stop and starts. Freekicks and INJURY TIME GIVEN.

Here's why - OVER 20+ Fouls permatch = 6mins of injury time.

SI need to sort this out, I have made countless threads about this BEFORE THE PATCH. SI Said they Acknowledged it. Obviously they haven't, like the Long kicks by Goalkeeper bug AND Long Shots Bug.

44779159th5.jpg

1222tg0.jpg

22881729fl8.jpg

84309138cu5.jpg

• SI Staff

Am increasing yellow cards for players who commit multiple fouls in 9.2 which may well help here. Am also making more injuries for tacklers/foulers and less for those on receiving end. I think this will all help balance things out nicely!

The yellow cards are ok. Maybe a notch up but nothing more. You have to program the AI not to be HARD on tackles. And I thought you guys said injuries were fixed? They haven't to me, they have been decreased but what I'm getting now is players not being able to recover. My players start at 93% condition and decline to 60% during the match. I cannot sub as I am only allowed 3 subs.

Paul I made a thread about this and I think one tester aknowledge it in another thread before the patch but nothing has been done.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=59079

i've played 1/2 a season with hull city and i've had NO problems with injuries.

only "problem" was boateng injured for 3-4 months with a reoccuring injury but it was partly my fault because i rushed him back.

also had marlon king out quite a bit... but so did watford lol.

I got no problem with fitness and not with injuries either. Sure some players tire more than others but that's because they have lower stamina/natural fitness or maybe they're just more active during the game.

In my games with Ajax fouls aren't nearly as common as in those screenies. It's usually between 10 and 20 for both sides.

i think the amount of injuries is fair but the condition of players is horrible

I agree the injuries are OK, more so to do with the conditions of players. They get tired after 2 matches and starting conditions is in the 90s.

I just don't like the amount of fouls, the game is stop and start, stop and start.

Am increasing yellow cards for players who commit multiple fouls in 9.2 which may well help here. Am also making more injuries for tacklers/foulers and less for those on receiving end. I think this will all help balance things out nicely!
The yellow cards are ok. Maybe a notch up but nothing more. You have to program the AI not to be HARD on tackles.
Can you not just reduce the number of fouls PaulC? That seems way too much.

I am assuming that the implication is that by increasing the yellow cards that the AI is smart enough to back off and tackle more carefully - the commentary certainly seems to indicate this. Since the defender is less likely to re-offend then the likelihood is that he is simply getting his yellow card earlier in the game.

Since the defender backs off then this should reduce the number of fouls. As will giving more injuries to the tackling player. He can't foul or injure anyone else if he is off the pitch and if he picks up a knock he is bound to back off.

What you have to realise is that balancing a game like this is not simply a case of saying there is a (random figure) 10% less chance of committing a foul and 15% less chance of an injury. There are usually multiple root causes and it is those that have to be fixed. From PaulC's reply, I think that is what he is implying - although that is just my interpretation.

• SI Staff

Yes that is pretty much it. Btw we monitor the no of fouls per game and it's maybe a little high in 9.1 but no more than 10% or so. Of course users who take on strong sides will come up against more opponents looking to kick them off the park....plus style of play is always going to play a part.

Am i the only one that thinks many of the tackles look like they happen no-where near the ball??

I've seen free kicks given when players look no-where near the ball on 3D.

I'm not willing to comment on any of the 3d animations because most of them are subpar. I haven't seen a sliding tackle that hasn't been a scissor tackle yet - i never knew that all of the players in BSN were capable of doing the splits!

Yes that is pretty much it. Btw we monitor the no of fouls per game and it's maybe a little high in 9.1 but no more than 10% or so. Of course users who take on strong sides will come up against more opponents looking to kick them off the park....plus style of play is always going to play a part.

Paul, when you monitor those numbers, do you monitor the average, or do you take into account the extremes, i.e. three games with 18 fouls produces the same average as one with 5, one with 18 and one with 31 (random numbers!!!). I'm just curious really, nothing implied.

Am i the only one that thinks many of the tackles look like they happen no-where near the ball??

I've seen free kicks given when players look no-where near the ball on 3D.

It is down to the low number of animations, plus physical contact is not displayed yet. In some cases the free kick probably is because the player is nowhere near the ball - kind of figues in that particular case if you think about it!

PaulC, wouldn't this just get lots of players sent off for 2 yellow cards. Thats what happened to AI teams in 9.0 . I got lots of injuries, AI teams got lots of cards

I can see this heading to someone complaining about high card counts on the next build, I trust you're looking into the root cause of these foul differentials rather than just going all Mike Riley & letting the red cards fly.

Like the OP I regularly have in imbalance in foul numbers with 25+ for the AI team & 5/6 for my side however I've not noticed this having any impact on the number & type of injuries I suffer, although watching an AI defender constantly fell my forwards without punishment is frustrating.

I can see this heading to someone complaining about high card counts on the next build, I trust you're looking into the root cause of these foul differentials rather than just going all Mike Riley & letting the red cards fly.

Like the OP I regularly have in imbalance in foul numbers with 25+ for the AI team & 5/6 for my side however I've not noticed this having any impact on the number & type of injuries I suffer, although watching an AI defender constantly fell my forwards without punishment is frustrating.

Thats a killer for me in LLM. The AI fouls my team so much that I cant get any good play going because all my efforts on goal come from free kicks! I can't afford a decent free kick taker otherwise id be top of the league :(

Archived