Free role to striker?

I know this may sound like a silly question but do you give free role to striker or link player? or is it a case of giving it to the wingers instead? Thanks

I have got 3 free roles in my new tactic, you need a link from STriker to midfield and I have one of my strikers on free role

I actually removed that from my tactics now despite reading otherwise and have played better that way and gotten more out of my strikers.

What allways puzzles me is that you just say "position XY gets free role" , yet in the editor you actually have a rating for playing free role in the positions menu, don´t you ? And while i haven´t checked i am pretty sure that a lot of strikers that i played with so far aren´t suited to play in a free role and when saying they should they don´t benefit from it at all, hence i removed it for my strikers and rather have just 1 or 2 players in a free role than forcing someone into it.

Even if this rating isn´t as conclusive/definite as i understand it, that still has a ton of strikers lacking the basic ingredients to playing in a free role effectively. Why have one there that can´t pass or dribble f.e. ? If you only set him on free role so that he doesn´t bother with defense and helping in the build-up then imo you should just bumb up mentality, have him run forward all the time etc.

I´m not saying i am right, but for me strikers on a free role aren´t working and without it it´s better (while far from perfect still).

I actually removed that from my tactics now despite reading otherwise and have played better that way and gotten more out of my strikers.

What allways puzzles me is that you just say "position XY gets free role" , yet in the editor you actually have a rating for playing free role in the positions menu, don´t you ? And while i haven´t checked i am pretty sure that a lot of strikers that i played with so far aren´t suited to play in a free role and when saying they should they don´t benefit from it at all, hence i removed it for my strikers and rather have just 1 or 2 players in a free role than forcing someone into it.

Even if this rating isn´t as conclusive/definite as i understand it, that still has a ton of strikers lacking the basic ingredients to playing in a free role effectively. Why have one there that can´t pass or dribble f.e. ? If you only set him on free role so that he doesn´t bother with defense and helping in the build-up then imo you should just bumb up mentality, have him run forward all the time etc.

I´m not saying i am right, but for me strikers on a free role aren´t working and without it it´s better (while far from perfect still).

Spot on, the players that usually have the free role stat are players that af FC's as opposed to ST. Wingers and AMC's have it also.

Archived