Promoted... and only £850k to strengthen the squad?

I got promoted 1s season with Leicester, though it was a painful experience, and the board gave me 450k to spend on new players. I asked for more money and they gave me 5 million.

Brought in Surman, Joe Lewis, Paul Connelly, Cameron Jermone, Assancau, Sapol Mani, and a few others with a million to spare. Cant seem to get a win though.

One thing I noticed. Stoke got relegated and sold all their players, they have a squad of about 9 players. They havnt bought anyone. Southampton have done the same as they got relegated to league 1.

Thats a bigger issue.

I am also playing as Derby and I wondered if this might be the case if you get promoted. I am just going into the Jan transfer window of season one and have decided that it would be a great idea to develop my half decent youngsters which means I can sell them for something half decent money wise or play them.

As I still have cash left my other plan is to use the cash I have in Jan to buy prem standard players / youngsters for next season and hired more scouts to set up scouting network for cheaper players with a bit of quality. This was the only way I can see me doing anything in the prem as I refuse to take on older frees as they just want the cash.

So... After much stressing and spam offering contracts I have signed the following:

Ross Wallace, Jens Lehmann, Amaury Bischoff, Benoit Pedretti, Steve Hughes, Landry N'Guemo, Wayne Routledge, Malek Cherrad, Daniel Sturridge and a couple more still in the works...

My wage bill is about 64k over, but I don't ****ing care!

Still worried about the right back spot, but the rest of the squad is looking okay... Might be able to pull this off!

So... After much stressing and spam offering contracts I have signed the following:

Ross Wallace, Jens Lehmann, Amaury Bischoff, Benoit Pedretti, Steve Hughes, Landry N'Guemo, Wayne Routledge, Malek Cherrad, Daniel Sturridge and a couple more still in the works...

My wage bill is about 64k over, but I don't ****ing care!

Still worried about the right back spot, but the rest of the squad is looking okay... Might be able to pull this off!

good luck :thup:

Would be a rewarding achievement :)

Derby...

Won promotion with 96 points! How the **** would they be worried?

My god... I have never heard of something this stupid...

what did you choose as your level of expectation for the season ahead? your budget would have been ammended accordingly. You must have been in a lot of debt. you need to manage your finances better.

what did you choose as your level of expectation for the season ahead? your budget would have been ammended accordingly. You must have been in a lot of debt. you need to manage your finances better.

Not really...

...there wasn't anything I could do better with the financial side the year before either.

If I went for winning the Premiership I would have been given a massive £1.2 mil!

Haha Look it is something you need to live with, Many of us have faced far worse situations in Football Manager and this is all that comes with Being a Football Coach. For Example :- At the moment i am Yeovil Town FC and all 3 seasons have been tipped for relagation, But in my first season i Finished 19th and my second season finished 10th and so far in my 3rd season at the halfway point i am 8th .

I have done this by selling alot of players for alot of money for example :- I signed Richie Byrne For free and sold him for 200k a season Later I Sold a player who was already at yeovil for 100k Being Andy Welsh And i got Sam Sodje on a Free Transfer and sold him for 250k.

Out of this 550k recieved only 50k has been in my transfer budget which i put into wages. Another idea was to get a parent Club and as i got United well lts say it pays lol. But What i mam saying is that you dont Megabucks Just yougsters and free's that you can sell on for a decent Price Soooo Chill !

Haha Look it is something you need to live with, Many of us have faced far worse situations in Football Manager and this is all that comes with Being a Football Coach. For Example :- At the moment i am Yeovil Town FC and all 3 seasons have been tipped for relagation, But in my first season i Finished 19th and my second season finished 10th and so far in my 3rd season at the halfway point i am 8th .

I have done this by selling alot of players for alot of money for example :- I signed Richie Byrne For free and sold him for 200k a season Later I Sold a player who was already at yeovil for 100k Being Andy Welsh And i got Sam Sodje on a Free Transfer and sold him for 250k.

Out of this 550k recieved only 50k has been in my transfer budget which i put into wages. Another idea was to get a parent Club and as i got United well lts say it pays lol. But What i mam saying is that you dont Megabucks Just yougsters and free's that you can sell on for a decent Price Soooo Chill !

You're not meant to tame Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney with a defensive pairing with an average age of 20...

Actually, the side isn't looking too bad, I should be capable of survival now. If Delph continues improving I might just be pushing up!

well when you have beaten championship teams in the fa cup like i have and im league one and opf course your not gunna tame teams like united chelsea liverpool and arsenal who does tbh (well apart from hull and stoke at the arsenal rofl) if you wanted money then y did u nt join a team with alot of money its called making the game fun and real life u didnt see derby having a rant last season cus they had no money lol

All i can say is good luck and that it will be a test for you

Well Derby were struggling a bit financially weren't they? That's why they brought Adam Pearson in as Chairman to hunt for new investment.

I think you should view this as a blessing. If you manage to stay up it's a testament to your great managerial abilities. If you get relegated straight away, it's the fault of those idiot accountants who didn't do enough to support you!

Sounds like from your replies you're having a laugh without a transfer budget anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck!

well when you have beaten championship teams in the fa cup like i have and im league one and opf course your not gunna tame teams like united chelsea liverpool and arsenal who does tbh (well apart from hull and stoke at the arsenal rofl) if you wanted money then y did u nt join a team with alot of money its called making the game fun and real life u didnt see derby having a rant last season cus they had no money lol

All i can say is good luck and that it will be a test for you

I don't care what team you are... <£1 mil on promotion to the top flight is rediculous! For christ sake with Gadsby we spent £12 mil. Last season I had £3 mil...

haha i thinkin some one needs to calm down and concentrate on winning and you say you had 3 mill last season thats intresting maybe you should of spent it wisely and then u wudnt be in this position and whats wrong with the players you got if they won the championship so easily then surly they can cut it in the prem ?:p

• SI Staff

Different boards will be more careful about setting budgets, while some other boards might be more ambitious (depending on the chairman attributes) and more free-spending as a result.

As long as you keep your finances in good shape by sticking to the given budgets, you should be making a nice bit of money from the Premier league TV payments over the first half of the season and should be in a good position to either receive a bigger transfer budget in January or at least ask for more transfer funds from the board.

Not got into a full season yet on 09 but on 08 got Plymouth up in my first season, had about £500k in the bank and the board gave me £13.25m to spend, spent it all and ended up -£5m in the red but worth it. Signed Rob Earnshaw, Kevin Kilbane, Kyle Lafferty, Richard Hughes among others. Getting my first Premier League point against Man Utd was the a proud moment!

Just be thankful you actually got promoted, otherwise you'd probably have been sacked. Managing Derby is an absolute nightmare. I'm on my fourth attempt, having been sacked twice and giving up having reached the prem and lost something like 13 games out of 14.

haha i thinkin some one needs to calm down and concentrate on winning and you say you had 3 mill last season thats intresting maybe you should of spent it wisely and then u wudnt be in this position and whats wrong with the players you got if they won the championship so easily then surly they can cut it in the prem ?:p

Carl Valeri, Matthew Spiranovic and Fabien Delph... All 3 key players in my promotion! They were worth every cent last season!

Just be thankful you actually got promoted, otherwise you'd probably have been sacked. Managing Derby is an absolute nightmare. I'm on my fourth attempt, having been sacked twice and giving up having reached the prem and lost something like 13 games out of 14.

Oh well... I'm happy enough to have gotten Daniel Sturridge, Jens Lehman and some french bloke in on frees. The squad should be good enough to survive, but still... I could have done so much more with on £10 mil!

I had Mauro Zarate, Rafael Sobis, Sergey Ignashevic and co all lined up! Sobis went to PSG, Ignashevic and Zarate are still there. I'm currently in the process of selling Commons and Green to get Zarate!

Not doing too badly now at the very start of the season...

0-0 at home to Reading

2-0 at home to Fulham (Sturridge got his first goal for the club)

So yeah... Not the worst start ever.

KUTGW :)

Keep us updated how one can survive virtually without a budget :)

its about wheeling and dealing lol its what makes the game what it is i love the challenge of getting promoted then trying to stay up but one thing to be careful of is older players demand more cash and that quite often breaks your bank better to look for younger players that will develop into stars for your club

Okay...

It's now late March, and it's been one hell of a season so far.

Into the semi finals of the FA Cup strangly enough, but the bane of all my football manager games, Arsenal is ready to thrash me at Wembley...

As for the League, 29 played, 7 wins, 11 Draws, 11 loses, 24 goals for, 32 goals against (better record than Manchester United! Nyatanga and Spira have been amazing!) and 32 points. Looks like I might pull through.

My key midfield signing Pedretti has been anything but impressive. Routledge, Lehmann, Wallace, Sturridge and Kante have been doing the buisness though. However I should mention Pedretti has been getting into form recently. I managed to bring in a few frees from the Eastern side of Europe over Christmas: Jiri Jarosik (been injured), Jiranek (been massive) and Pogrebnyak (great player, and finding his touch!). Jiranek and Pogrebnyak have given some much needed life to what was becoming a failing season (was in 10th, then began to slide), and the slide is beginning again, but hopefully Jarosik can come back and at least do something for the club.

If I manage to get a budget next season I have a lot of targets though... £20 million could make me a European side, easy!

Jarosik's back!

Finally back after 2 months out injured, a week in the reserves and back to some kind of match fitness. Given 5 minutes at the end! Pedretti was injured and the Rams were down to ten men and 1-0 on the stroke of 90... But Jiri Jarosik to the rescue. He puts in a wonderful pass to pick Routledge out perfectly, who crosses to the head of Pogrebnyak for a 1-1 away draw to 3rd place Everton!

...but Jarosik was injured immediately after that pass... Gone for a month!

It amazes me how people can buy this game, find something they disagree with and then act like a complete twat expecting it to be fixed because they act like a twat about it.

Can anybody think of the last time they bought a game that had no bugs at all in it?

No, didn't think so.

The moral of the story is, DON'T ACT LIKE A **** AND HAVE SOME PATIENCE WHILE SI BUILD THE NEXT PATCH.

It amazes me how people can buy this game, find something they disagree with and then act like a complete twat expecting it to be fixed because they act like a twat about it.

Can anybody think of the last time they bought a game that had no bugs at all in it?

No, didn't think so.

The moral of the story is, DON'T ACT LIKE A **** AND HAVE SOME PATIENCE WHILE SI BUILD THE NEXT PATCH.

Now that you've missed more than 2 dozen posts, I might as well return to that point...

THIS IS ****ING REDICULOUS!

The fact that they can make something this ****ing stupid is just plain silly...

Yes, there's bugs, there always will be. But game breakers like this are just plain rediculous, especially in a huge league like England!

You'd expect as well that they would have thought that this might be a problem before it was released as well, as so many many people play in the English leagues, many below the Premiership hoping to get there and survive.

When I pay $90 for a game, I'm expecting that it is actually good enough to be on shelfs, and this is a fairly serious problem...

But hey, I should be past this **** season now and back to building my side for the future!

Archived