Lorenzo's 45 minute wonder 4-4-2 Tactic!!!

Well, I spent 45 minutes trying to perfect a tactic, using theorums and frameworks from sigames forums.

UPDATE: My new tactics pack is here = http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2311817#post2311817

Important: This is a tactic that is for a team that has good technical players and will get your superstars to play. If you are Hull or a mid-lower division team, using this tactic might not be in your best interests. If you are a team with good players and would usually be on top in a game IRL, this tactic is for you.

|EDIT: Make sure you pick a big pitch when your groundsman asks for pitch alterations. Also, when playing away, take a look at the oppositions pitch, if it is a small pitch (congested), Take the width down to 1 notch below half and put the TEMPO on full!

NEW Tactic TIPS!

If the team you are playing have a pitch width of 68m or below, then bring the width down to 1 notch below half and but 3 more notched on the tempo.

Opposition Instructions: This is what I do, Midfielders to Attackers, including Wingbacks. I do everything to them, weaker foot, harder tackles and closing down always and tight marking. I do this for players on the bench also! For the defenders and goalkeeper, MAKE sure you put closing down as always, depending on who you are playing, you might want to show the right back and left back onto weaker foot, incase you play chelsea and they overlap with a cross ball.|

Here is what I have come up with, a tactic that closely resembles the playing style at Man Utd, with quite a bit of success.

I have professional manager experience on the new user setup, if that is the reason I am getting good results then so be it but here is the tactic.

LATEST NEWS

Second Season Complete

With many thanks to my tactic, I have won everything, except the Charity Shield, LOL

By the way, I cannot stress enough how important a player in the team is that has 20 for free-kicks!

Super Cup

World Club Championship

FA Cup

Carling Cup

Champions League

English Premier League

Below shows the Final standings and Manager overview and team selection. It seems I can pretty much buy anyone I wish, Fabregas would come to me now, Messi even! Steven Gerrard is a no go though, he just hates us too much.

finalleaguetableln8.th.jpg

overviewij7.th.jpg

selectionsx4.th.jpg

Old UPDATE First Season: Well, with my 45 minute wonder tactic, throughout the season at Man Utd. I have managed to record a historic treble!

To Summarise my trophys:

Premier League

Champions League

FA Cup

European Super cup

World Club Championship

Charity Shield

This tactic is world-class

Now I am going to enjoy my success and try and bring Kaka to Man Utd, he is interested just need to sort out a fee

GK: Strong Goalkeeper always essential.

DL: You need a LB that is very good, can distribute the ball or dribble it. The GK is setup to pass it to the LB to start attacks.

DR: A good RB always essential, if your RB is better than your LB, then set the GK to roll/kick the ball out to him instead.

DC: Decent amount of Acceleration and pace, Marking, Tackling, Heading all important stats, as you would make sure its a decent DC

DC: Same as the previous.

MC(d): This is the guy that lies infront of the back 4, giving your defenders an escape route and the bridge to midfield. Strength, passing, tackling, Marking all needed, I would suggest Lassana Diarra or Angelo Polombo if we are talking about perfect stats for this position.

MC(a): This is the midfielder that creates things, he will make sure he gets forward when youhave the ball, hit long rangers but most importantly, be the heartbeat in every attack. Fabregas is perfect for this, Anderson is good and Beckham is immense, just to give you a bit of relation to the stats needed.

MR: Right winger with a free role, beats players, does his own thing, provides assists, make sure you have a good right winger, speed is essential! Dribbling is also a good stats

ML: same as MR really.

SC(d): This is the striker that has a free-role, needs good stats, he will keep your forward supplied with chances. He is a bridge between midfield to Attack, you need to make sure he has good all round stats. Use Rooney as a template, but Strength is essential here as well as Creativity and Passing.

SC(a): The guy that will score your goals, Acceleration is a good stat but can be done with players that don't have great acceleration (like berbatov). Will get good amount of goals.

If your strikers are having a 5, then don't sub them, give them time. The out and out striker might have a 5 until he scores, but he will get chances. OBviously, your the manager, if you want to sub the Striker for someone on the bench that is like for like then do it.

This tactic won't work if your players don't have faith in you as a manager.

When it has been 11 v 11, I haven't lost a match, apart from Arsenal away 0-1. The rest I had a man sent off or injury and down to 10 men.

December Updates: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2090836&postcount=26

DOWNLOAD FROM:

http://files.filefront.com/Lorenzo+45+min+wonder+48tac/;12398577;/fileinfo.html

How is this a wonder tactic? You've won a handful of games with Man Utd? Try it with a poorer team. My 2year old can win the league with Man U.

Nope, you can't just walk in and win games. This is the mis-conception, try picking a top team and winning games. It isn't as easy as you are lead to believe.

Coming from a guy named Brazil, with Capitals trying to have a "cool" username, don't bother giving input and get back to school

Well i have to agree with brazil over there using strong teams and doing tactics that work is nothing special to me. Try the same tactic on a mediocre team or even better try it on a really poor team with success and you have something there. But i'll downloaded and try it in my save on a poor side to see what the results will be.I'll inform you.

Well i have to agree with brazil over there using strong teams and doing tactics that work is nothing special to me. Try the same tactic on a mediocre team or even better try it on a really poor team with success and you have something there. But i'll downloaded and try it in my save on a poor side to see what the results will be.I'll inform you.

WEll, its built for a team that will dominate possession and play good football, if you don't have the players for it then it will be poor.

There are a lot of people playing as top teams, especially Man Utd and are struggling getting a good tactic together to take on the world. Just check the amount of threads people have posted about their strikers have ratings of 5's and not scoring ;)

Nope, you can't just walk in and win games. This is the mis-conception, try picking a top team and winning games. It isn't as easy as you are lead to believe.

I find it easy using Man Utd. They have great players so the tactics don't have to be that complex.

Coming from a guy named Brazil, with Capitals trying to have a "cool" username, don't bother giving input and get back to school

Not exactly sure what you are getting at here but good luck.

I find it easy using Man Utd. They have great players so the tactics don't have to be that complex.

Not exactly sure what you are getting at here but good luck.

I am talking about fm09, not fm08 were you could pick any team with good players and they would play well. I already replied sensibly to Mr.Grandpa, read that and those are my opinions, it is so easy to use Man Utd that there are so many people stuck using them and not getting great results ;)

Looking at your results, it doesn't seem like such a wonder tactic! U seem to be narrowly winning an awful lot of games and only wining the odd couple comfortably. Think you've spent 45 minutes wasted there!

I do agree with Brazil that it is extremely easy to win with "the big four" in England, that's why i will never be one of them.

I am talking about fm09, not fm08 were you could pick any team with good players and they would play well. I already replied sensibly to Mr.Grandpa, read that and those are my opinions, it is so easy to use Man Utd that there are so many people stuck using them and not getting great results ;)

Fair enough mate.

Hopefully, I shall finish a season soon and then I can recollect on whether it was a good tactic or a bad tactic. This is my 4th start as Man Utd and everything has hit home with this tactic. I never scrape games because I win 1-0 I have over 10 shots on target and 60%+ possession ;)

Italia, can i ask how you acquired David Beckham, how much you paid, wages etc?

I am yet to play 09 as a Mac user but i know in 08 it was near impossible to get him.

Well, I got him for free. The first 2 times I played the game, I noticed he was at Everton and Villa, the third time I kept tabs on him and it seems LA Galaxy release him on a free transfer, I have the MLS league selected as view only so I dont know if that has any effect, but I got him for free. Wages are 21k per week

any chance for a link from a non-stupid hosting site? "You have reached daily download limit for your country." Wow.

Sorry, I haven't uploaded tactics before have you got any ideas?

I am Man Utd and this is the 1st FM game i have played since 06 and its not easy, i am doing pretty well and adapting to the tactical side and using the ass mans advice during games so far so i am happy that i am slowly learning, i decided with a limited transfer budget for atleast 2 seasons (i am just guessing its gonna take a while to get a high budget) i am gonna spend what money they give me poaching young talent from other teams at the ages of 16+.

Well this tactic has the potential to be good. I should probably start a game with one of the "big four" in England preferably Man U and try it on them. I had some success on my pathetic home team i even managed to beat my rivals in away game but since i'm on a 10 game winning streak and i implanted this tactic i don't know if it's my formidable form or this tactic that brought results. I played 6 games with this one and had following results 4W 1D 1L (2-1,3-0,2-2,1-3,3-0,1-0 games played). I think def. could use some tweaking as i leaked goals due to their man marking (well tbh i got all goals because they were out of position). other than that it's solid up front with my Sc(d) scoring most of the goals(he bagged 5 goals out of 12 scored Sc(a) got 3 rest came from midfielders).

Of course i wont save this and have already restarted these 6 games using my own tactics as this is my dynasty mode and i don't want any interventions in my game.

I dont think there is such thing as a super/wonder tactic in 09, at least that was the aim. Sticking with same tempo, width, d-line (for example) for every single match just doesn't work.

A very simple example of this; teams with no AMC and teams with AMC, you can't use the same identical d-line. jus the same as teams that play possesion football v those that play direct counter. Of course you can play the same, it jus limits your chances of winning; and if you're a team like man utd then chances are you'll win even if the tactic is flawed.

The results, average ratings and league position are indicative of anyone who picks a standard 4-4-2 formation with a strong Man U side - I see no advantages of this tactic over anything else.

I'm inclined to agree here. With a "wonder" tactic, there is no way that, as Man U, you should lose to Brann and not even score a goal. Similarly you have only played Liverpool out of the "big 4" therefore it'd provide better feedback if you posted the results against arsenal and chelsea as these are the teams you need to beat to really prove your tactic when you play as a big 4 team.

I don't think it's easy this time on FM09 to play the "big 4s", I've restarted playing with Man Utd twice now because of losing streaks and I'm close to getting sacked. :D

what sort of experience do you give yourself as manager when you start the game?

Just played Chelsea away, apart from my injury problems, I went 2-0 up with 63% possession. Beckham gets red injured and it ends up 2-2, I just can't seem to hold on when losing a player. Still outplayed them though.

Just played Chelsea away, apart from my injury problems, I went 2-0 up with 63% possession. Beckham gets red injured and it ends up 2-2, I just can't seem to hold on when losing a player. Still outplayed them though.

Looks like you have a real 'wonder' tactic there mate...

;-D

At the moment, I have used this tactic all season. I am at 29th of April 2009, in the final of the Fa Cup, Semi Finals of the European Cup and top of the league. When I finish the season I shall post up my records and stats :)

|EDIT: Make sure you pick a big pitch when your groundsman asks for pitch alterations. Also, when playing away, take a look at the oppositions pitch, if it is a small pitch (congested), Take the width down to 1 notch below half and put the TEMPO on full!|

Where I can find oppositions pitch size?

UPDATE: Well, with my 45 minute wonder tactic, throughout the season at Man Utd. I have managed to record a historic treble!

To Summarise my trophys:

Premier League

Champions League

FA Cup

European Super cup

World Club Championship

Charity Shield

This tactic is world-class

Here is my final league position, followed by the overview screen, team selection screen and fixture list.

00finalleaguestandingssd4.th.jpg

00manageroverviewtf1.th.jpg

00teamselectionns6.th.jpg

00finalfixturesas2.th.jpg

Now I am going to enjoy my success and try and bring Kaka to Man Utd, he is interested just need to sort out a fee

Thanks i'll give it a shot..i don't see those people criticizing you uploading a tactic.

I know, I am not here for personal gain. I am here to help other people that were struggling like myself, managing a big team.

Well I've been trying to find numerous tactics to work this year and it seems as hard as ever to achieve results

But played first 2 league games and won 2-0 both times against Sunderland and City! (both at home)

Do you mind posting the results against Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal on here please, for now though it's been pretty 'wonderful' lol

I'm another person who is hopeless at making tactics and hasn't the time to read lots of pages.

I have tried to create one and failed again, so I downloaded this one, I get three wins without conceeding, after many restarts and poor performances, so far it is working well for me.

Okay, I'm playing Man Utd, and its easy etc etc, but thats who I support and that's who I like to play.

Thanks for uploading this to help the people who are struggling.

Look's a good tactic will try when i get home from work.

Just don't get people who have a pop at other people's tactics at least you have made the effort and put it here for people to try.

And this game is so much harder to make a winning tactic than other versions hense the lack of a wonder tactic of the nature of KIMZ from 08.

Even with the big teams.

Well I've been trying to find numerous tactics to work this year and it seems as hard as ever to achieve results

But played first 2 league games and won 2-0 both times against Sunderland and City! (both at home)

Do you mind posting the results against Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal on here please, for now though it's been pretty 'wonderful' lol

Yes I don't mind at all.

Liverpool Away - 3-1 up, down to 10 men and drew 3-3

Chelsea Away - 2-0 up, down to 10 men and drew 2-2

Arsenal Away - lost 1-0, simply just lost, I had lions share of the possession but lost.

Liverpool Home - won 3-1

Chelsea Home - won 2-1

Arsenal Home - drew 1-1

Finals

Arsenal Fa cup - 1-0

Arsenal Champions League - 1-0

Against Arsenal, this tactic is very hit and miss. They are the only team I fear and if I win, its very narrow. The other teams are quite easy to beat.

I'm another person who is hopeless at making tactics and hasn't the time to read lots of pages.

I have tried to create one and failed again, so I downloaded this one, I get three wins without conceeding, after many restarts and poor performances, so far it is working well for me.

Okay, I'm playing Man Utd, and its easy etc etc, but thats who I support and that's who I like to play.

Thanks for uploading this to help the people who are struggling.

No problem, thanks for the feedback and keep it coming :)

damn, can't download the tactic. could someone please upload it somewhere else other than filefront? Thanks.

Can someone help me upload it somehwere that won't expire?

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=50930

There is a download on that thread I posted on thedugout, but you have to register to download it.

Look's a good tactic will try when i get home from work.

Just don't get people who have a pop at other people's tactics at least you have made the effort and put it here for people to try.

And this game is so much harder to make a winning tactic than other versions hense the lack of a wonder tactic of the nature of KIMZ from 08.

Even with the big teams.

I wouldn't put it in the same category as kimz, but I am having the same end results, in terms of bringing trophys home.

Don't forget, the more players you sign, the more have to blend into the squad. When players are blending in and trying to gel, it is said you won't get the best out of your players until the whole team has gelled. Just a heads up

Also if they lose confidence in your ability to manage. Which can happen if you start on semi professional or Amateur or Sunday league, then it also won't work.

Thx, i will give the tactic a go with my man united team.

How is this working out for you then at the moment?

A lot of people over at the dugout -> http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?p=2082656&posted=1#post2082656

are having great stories to tell, that this tactic not only works for big teams but lower league teams also, which is a good thing :D

Archived