Instant Replies!

Has anybody else noticed that there appears to be an issue with ‘better’ teams replying instantly if you score against them?

I wouldn’t mention it if it didn’t seem to really happen, you could put it down to coincidence, but I’m not sure.

I’m Wigan and played about a dozen games. When I played Man Utd, Everton, Liverpool and Chelsea, when I scored, within a minute of match time, they’d score back.

For example, Man Utd at home. Man Utd opened the scoring (1-0). 30mins later I got one back (1-1). Within a minute of match time they’d replied (2-1). It then took till the 83rd minute for me to score again (2-2). But then again, within a minute of game time, they’d got one back (final score 3-2).

This happened when I played Everton, Liverpool and Chelsea as well.

And not just in my current game, it happened in my first game (I binned it as I’d been too adventurous with the number of leagues I wanted to run as FM09 seems slower than FM08).

It could be that when you play a better team they have the ability to score against you at will, but because they don’t ‘need’ too, they don’t necessarily have the motivation - they need to be put in the situation where they have to score, for them to score.

Just wondered if anybody had experienced the same thing happening in their games, it could just be purely coincidental, I just wondered.

I’ve also had 8 own goals scored by the opposition teams this game which seems a tad high, and like many other people my injuries are through the roof!

Archived