Can't play FM09 Demo on Netbook

I have a Dell Mini 9 - 1.6 GHz and 1 Gig Ram.

I have tried to play the FM09 demo - doesn't work and fm.exe throws an error. I tried on my friend's Asus netbook too - same issue.

I was really hoping to play FM 09 on my netbook - with a small database and the classic 2d match view it is not graphic or too processor intensive - so can't see why it shouldn't run. I'm just wondering whether the resolution is a problem.

Has anyone got this working on a netbook? I have the demo running on my full size laptop but really don't use this machine much. At the moment, I am gutted that FM09 doesn't seem to run on a low spec machine - it's never been a game that you had to have a high-spec machine for. It's a shame if it can't be configured to run on a low spec portable machine - I had hoped to play this using the machine I carry everywhere - my netbook. I can't be the only one wanting to play on a netbook.

thanks

daniel

i was able to run the demo on my asus eee 900HA, running windows xp. 2d match view only, but it works. actually, it runs better than i expected it to.

don't know if that helps.

I have a Dell Mini 9 - 1.6 GHz and 1 Gig Ram.

I have tried to play the FM09 demo - doesn't work and fm.exe throws an error. I tried on my friend's Asus netbook too - same issue.

I was really hoping to play FM 09 on my netbook - with a small database and the classic 2d match view it is not graphic or too processor intensive - so can't see why it shouldn't run. I'm just wondering whether the resolution is a problem.

Has anyone got this working on a netbook? I have the demo running on my full size laptop but really don't use this machine much. At the moment, I am gutted that FM09 doesn't seem to run on a low spec machine - it's never been a game that you had to have a high-spec machine for. It's a shame if it can't be configured to run on a low spec portable machine - I had hoped to play this using the machine I carry everywhere - my netbook. I can't be the only one wanting to play on a netbook.

thanks

daniel

Thanks for your replies - the fact it works on the eee pc gives me hope as that uses the same atom processor and has the same ram (did you upgrade the ram by any chance?). I can't see any logical reason why it should run on eee pc and not the mini 9 or my friend's netbook.

I am determined to get this working - I love the game but I'm not forking out for something that I can't guarantee will work on the the machine I want to play it on. I have played FM and Champ before it for many years - and I am a bit disappointed that SI haven't catered for a wider audience. FM does not have to be a graphically intensive game or heavy on processing - there is no reason why this shouldn't be playable on a 1.6Ghz, 1GB Ram XP machine. That was always the beauty of FM - you don't need a beast of a machine to run it (most people I know who play it don't tend to play other games or have much of an interest in having a beefy machine).

Come on SI - support us! You seem to be losing your fan base.

Thanks for your replies - the fact it works on the eee pc gives me hope as that uses the same atom processor and has the same ram (did you upgrade the ram by any chance?). I can't see any logical reason why it should run on eee pc and not the mini 9 or my friend's netbook.

I am determined to get this working - I love the game but I'm not forking out for something that I can't guarantee will work on the the machine I want to play it on. I have played FM and Champ before it for many years - and I am a bit disappointed that SI haven't catered for a wider audience. FM does not have to be a graphically intensive game or heavy on processing - there is no reason why this shouldn't be playable on a 1.6Ghz, 1GB Ram XP machine. That was always the beauty of FM - you don't need a beast of a machine to run it (most people I know who play it don't tend to play other games or have much of an interest in having a beefy machine).

Come on SI - support us! You seem to be losing your fan base.

Can you post your notebooks specs please Danny Boy, there may be an issue that can be spotted easily. Also you may have more luck when the demo patch is available.

Well - my specs are standard Dell Mini 9 - 1.6 Ghz Atom and 1 gig Ram. Although this just meets the specs for running on Xp, I don't think the chipset/graphics is officially supported.

I did try the small screen and windowed - still can't get it to work.

Ho hum - I am hoping for another patch from SI or someone else to figure out answer to this. Otherwise, I'll just get my life back and no more FM!

just got a samsung nc10 atom 1.6 ghz with 2 gig of ram havent got a cd drive so i installed it via steam.

all i get is fm is already running. so i ctrl alt del and stop it and then try again, but nothing. pretty gutted. im sure theres a way will try to get a cd drive as i dont trust installing via steam.

finally got the cd drive for the samsung netbook nc10. installed the game no problems not via steam of course it started alittle then failed miserably with an error. fm is already running so same thing ctrl alt del to quit it then tried again. this machine has more than enough ram (2gig) and an atom 1.6 ghz chipset... so not sure? maybe its the graphics card???

• 3 weeks later...

Archived