Failed to Load Game

Got to Decemeber in my first season as Sunderland and now I cant load my saved game - just says something along the lines of "Failed to Load Game"

Anyone else had the problem and more importantly is there a way to fix it?

Do you still have the save game? If so could you mail it to me so I can take a look?

This was a big problem in FMH08 and if its happening again in 09 thats definitely not good.

The big problem in FMH2008 was that the game crashed during play. I've had this at least once in every FM/CM game I've played and it's largely my fault for turning off the PC/PSP too quickly during the whole saving process.

• SI Staff
The big problem in FMH2008 was that the game crashed during play. I've had this at least once in every FM/CM game I've played and it's largely my fault for turning off the PC/PSP too quickly during the whole saving process.

Its possible that the save was accidentally aborted due to turning off too early - but it always makes sense for us to check reports of problems with any of our games.

Incidentally - just so we can try the exact setup used what leagues were active and what team were you managing?

Its possible that the save was accidentally aborted due to turning off too early - but it always makes sense for us to check reports of problems with any of our games.

Incidentally - just so we can try the exact setup used what leagues were active and what team were you managing?

Oh, it wasn't any recent games thankfully! :)

Mega annoyed as this has just happened to me in my WBA game, where I won the Premiership in my 2nd season and had a great squad! :eek:

I had saved it this morning, turned it off about half hour as I forgot to turn it off and then I turned it back on, loaded and it said 'Failed to load game' :(

All the hard work for nothing :p

Tom_WBA :thup:

I just had a similar problem as well. Was using England leagues only setup and took Bradford into League 1 in the first season and in September of season 2 the PSP froze while in the match (wasn't doing any saving/loading actions at the moment of the freeze) and after PSP restart got this dreaded 'failed to load' error. Using PSP slim and it didn't happen at all on FMH08 during countless hours of play. Always saving the game after a few results. Will use double save from now on I guess. Had a team full of exciting youngsters like Moses, Saivet plus legend that is Henrik Larsson playing for me, also just beat Leeds, gutted!

Marc, would you like to see the file for possible data issues? Could send it to you through email. Also, could you bring it back to life at all? :)

Great game BTW, love 2D addition so much, don't really need PC version at all anymore.

• SI Staff
Marc, would you like to see the file for possible data issues? Could send it to you through email. Also, could you bring it back to life at all?

Any assistance people can give me with problems (in this situation the save is essential in tracking the cause) is much appreciated.

If I can resurrect it then I'll obviously return it to you - but be warned this isn't something which is that common (although it has happened before).

PS - What happened in the match at the time of the freeze? - how long did you wait for it to unfreeze? (as I've had a couple of rare reports of what appears to be a temporary soft lock on the 2d display, which then resolves itself after about 20-30 seconds ... not sure what its doing as we haven't reproduced it in the debugger yet).

Any assistance people can give me with problems (in this situation the save is essential in tracking the cause) is much appreciated.

If I can resurrect it then I'll obviously return it to you - but be warned this isn't something which is that common (although it has happened before).

PS - What happened in the match at the time of the freeze? - how long did you wait for it to unfreeze? (as I've had a couple of rare reports of what appears to be a temporary soft lock on the 2d display, which then resolves itself after about 20-30 seconds ... not sure what its doing as we haven't reproduced it in the debugger yet).

thank you Marc for quick response.

it was late in 2nd half and my MR got injured and couldn't continue. I've already used all of my subs, so I went into tactics page and swapped my striker, who had an ability to play in MR (saivet) with him. just after I've put that injured player into striker position and pressed confirm, PSP froze for maybe 5-10 seconds, I tried all sorts of buttons meanwhile (Home button is usually an indication whether the game actually froze or it's just processing something, but it didn't work this time), PSP restarted itself and that was that. I had my PSP plugged in at home at the time, so I am sure it was not battery running out issue.

couldn't find your email Marc, so I've put the save file here:

https://www15.sendthisfile.com/d?t=YcwswT712bCxiQ8K8StaPqXR

hope it works, let me know if there's any chance of ressurection. I totally understand that you don't program games to act like this, looks more of a PSP issue to me anyway. There are other games which crash on PSP more often than yours (nba live 08 for example).

good luck!

Archived