Reported this also in the demo, but no fix!

I reported the following error also after testing demo, but it's still not fixed:

CPU usage reaches 100% on both cores sometimes, when doing nothing. This makes the whole PC / Windows unresponsive and lags like ****!

Here is the reported thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=1959534#post1959534

I did download the patch, I did patch the game, but still the same result. CPU usages jumps to 100% sometimes, for no reason at all.

This was a problem I already reported from the testing the demo. Apparently, tech doesn't care for input. :(

These are known issues and under review cheers.

Yeah right... Whatever...

Very displeased.

System config:

AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.85 Ghz.

4096 MB RAM

GTX 280

etc.

Yes I did, it makes working in Windows XP x64 better, but it sometimes lags the game now.

Anyways, I am currently using this option, since working is needed and playing the game isn't. ;)

I also downloaded the AMD Dual Core optimizer, but didn't make much of a difference.

Like I said before; the game lags more than FM2008. With which I never had these symptoms, problems...

//edit

Okay now I have been playing for a while and even with threading off, it still lags my Windows XP sometimes. Very annoying.

1 year ago, but I defrag my harddisks often, same goes for defragging my registry, I remove old (unused programs), I use junk cleaners, I update always my drivers (videocard, directx, soundcard, gamepads, etc., etc.). Also I am running my harddisks in Raid 0.

So I shouldn't have any problems... :S

They should make FM09 use the power of GTX280 GPU to do background processes. What would be cool; like CUDA. Oh well...

My machine used to roast! So this still does the old CPU 100% thing…. When you think about the games these days calculating total 3d worlds with smoke and weather, reflections in water and in FPS ballistics and manner of things mathematically.

I never really got why it needed all this CPU power other than poorly done code……….when basically most of the time its an exaggerated spreadsheet when no matches are on and even then it cant be rocket science mathematics being calculated……………

Love the series but I just don’t see me buying this, just deleted the Demo…….

These are known issues and under review cheers.

No offence, but I'd rather hear that from someone with FM Tester under their ID. I opened a thread two weeks ago regarding the same sort of issue (here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=56877 ), several of us have repeatedly asked SI for a response and we've had none.

If this issue is under review, we'd like to have someone official tell us in the thread itself so we can relax knowing it'll be fixed.

this is strange how it effects different machines. I personally find FM 09 rapid and on par if not quicker than 08. When was the last time you reinstalled your OS?

I personally tried the Demo on a fresh XP install (fully updated via Windows Update and DirectX), and I don't think a fresh install of the same OS, or a defrag, would make any difference as to how a CPU's workload displays in the Task Manager.

Something's just not right. I paused the 3D engine once, and CPU usage actually shot up to 100%.

Only just read the thread that the OP points to, the thing is I'm wondering if they think they fixed it with the Threading thing. In the Known Issues (before it got updated) it said there was a bug with Threading, making things laggy and unresponsive. But a lot of us are having this problem on single core CPUs, where Threading isn't used.

Single core here, my System is 4 today......well so the sticker on the back points out...bought it on the 23rd 2004. I played Clan games all my CM/FM life and was always unhappy when this turned up as the machine was host for a while and was playing FM for six hours.........I'd rather not cook it now as its getting on. Computer has been fine for ages and not crashed but twice under the Demo it hit the skids and the CPU temp was at 62c with the board at 43C and it never goes above 32 usual temp for the board and 47C for the CPU even under load playing BF2 PR 0.8 Mod it goes to 56C after hours of play.

Single core here, my System is 4 today......well so the sticker on the back points out...bought it on the 23rd 2004. I played Clan games all my CM/FM life and was always unhappy when this turned up as the machine was host for a while and was playing FM for six hours.........I'd rather not cook it now as its getting on. Computer has been fine for ages and not crashed but twice under the Demo it hit the skids and the CPU temp was at 62c with the board at 43C and it never goes above 32 usual temp for the board and 47C for the CPU even under load playing BF2 PR 0.8 Mod it goes to 56C after hours of play.

Yeah, my laptop fans go absolutely mental when I play it. I've never known it to behave in that way ever, not even with Oblivion. It's being put under undue strain, and it's not healthy.

• SI Staff

HHawk - It's probably best for you to open a new thread in the bugs forum with a more detailed explanation of the problem you are experiencing and your system setup.

The only issue I've had with lagging is when using multiple monitors and having the game in windowed mode and the game window visible on the secondary monitor.

Archived