Netbook and FM09

Guest pafc_kiwi_steve

Guest pafc_kiwi_steve

I hope some one will be able to help me,aswell as a laptop which i run my FM09 on i also have a netbook(Samsung NC10) now as most people will be aware these do not come with a cd/dvd drive,is there any way in which i can play the game on my notebook with out the dvd.

I have purchased an original copy and am willing to prove this,it would be very convenant just to carry my small netbook instead of lumbering around my large laptop and still be able to play the greatest game ever invented.

Thanks.

SMALL netbook ? just how small is it ? how man ram does it have ? how is the graphicvs card ? Something tells me it wont work, not even close to it. Especially if it is what I think it is.

Most are about 9 or 10 inches screen size, with a 1024 x 600 resolution. Mine has 2GB RAM (I swapped out the 1GB it came with) and has 128MB of integrated Intel 945 graphics - which is capable of running, say, Spore.

I haven't tried FM09 with it yet - I came here via Google - but I'll have a go later on to see how playable it is (if at all). FM08 worked well on it, but was nigh on unplayable because you had to force small screen windowed and so it had scrollbars all over the place.

As for the OP's question: install Steam, and register the CD key with that. You don't have to have the CD in the drive if you authenticate via Steam, as far as I know.

Archived