SI shouldn't work with Steam!

Can SI help me get the boxed copy of FM2009 if I bought the copy online through Steam?

When I purchased FM2009, I didn't know Steam is not working on Mac. I think it's really terrible that SI teams up with Steam while knowing that Steam does not run on Mac and FM2009 does. I've taken for granted that FM series work on Mac and just go straight and click on the Steam weblink from SIgames to buy. Okay, on the bottom of Steam webpage does say it's only working on PC but we would have thought this if all along FM series always work on Mac?!?

Now, Steam Support does not even work. I can't even sent my complain / refund query. Wondering if anyone ever managed to contact Steam Support? Can someone in SI response? SI also doesn't seem to have customer support to answer individual query. I'm stuck here and feel cheated. My thread last night was closed by moderator. If I don't complain here, where can I complain to? Seems both SI and Steam just want to hands off from all customer queries.

Sports Interactive clearly stated that Steam only works through Personal Computers and not with Mac's. If you have missed this then it isnt their fault but yours & yours only. If you contact steam customer service they may take pity of you and refund your $, but I just don't know if they should. You might have to give them a bullcrap story.

You should probably have some rights for a refund atleast since you can't use what you have payed for regardless that it's your fault or not (30 day refund for any buys?). But I think you have to get through to the steam support for it though as I can't see sigames being able to help you with that.

Sports Interactive clearly stated that Steam only works through Personal Computers and not with Mac's. If you have missed this then it isnt their fault but yours & yours only. If you contact steam customer service they may take pity of you and refund your $, but I just don't know if they should. You might have to give them a bullcrap story.

Come on be nice to the guy.

If it notes it only works on PC and you didn't check carefully, they are not going to do anything to help you.

Tough luck, be more careful next time.

Hey, two or three years ago, they suddenly sold a 'special' Windows-only version in The Netherlands instead of the Mac/PC combination they always sold before (and after). You just don't see the omission of the Mac icon from the box when you're buying it.

And due to 'piracy' concerns, it's not as easy as it seems to return a game to the shop :(

If it notes it only works on PC and you didn't check carefully, they are not going to do anything to help you.

Tough luck, be more careful next time.

AHA.. so are you saying now it should be BUYERS BEWARE? If it says it can be played on PC and Mac (on the homepage), it doesn't mean you can play on Mac it if you purchase the digital copy?

If the world is going by BUYERS BEWARE, I would rather promote piracy since I won't be paying for the game. I PAID THE GAME BECAUSE I THINK THE COMPANY SHOULD BE REWARDED BUT NOT WHEN THEY GIVE ME CRAP AND TELLING ME I SHOULD BEWARE WHEN I AM BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS. Hey, I am the customer here! If you tell me to be careful when I am buying a game that historically play in a Mac and the logo is still there when I buy it, I don't see the point why I should continue to support the developer.

Ok, I didn't read it again when I went to Steam webpage to buy, but hey, SI gives the impression that FM works with Mac. At least they can mention near to button that links the prospective buyer to Steam webpage that Mac is not supported. It can protect buyer from mistakenly thought the digital copy works like the boxed copy.

Anyway, what's the point of complaining here. I would spend my time elsewhere. I won't get my refund anyway and I don't think SI would help. Steam Support is a total fake.

• Administrators

I can understand your frustration with this, but as said there is nothing SI can do in this situation, you must contact Steam. You must create a Steam Support account here - https://support.steampowered.com/login.php? if you haven't already and attempt to contact them via that.

Archived