my rangers 4-3-1-2 Tac

Thread Revamp

Season 1

(The Last 5 games were played with my reserves since i had already won the league)

http://rapidshare.com/files/165215234/Rangers_mk1__Rangers__Dec_2008_.tac

season1nx1.jpg

I wasnt happy with how the tactic did defence wise but it was quite consistant with results(too many close calls though)

Season 2(finished Treble + semis ECC knocked out by inter 4:1 on agg)

http://rapidshare.com/files/165789917/Rangers_nw3__Rangers__Mar_2010_.tac

I believe im doing beter now slightly changed the Tactic it now allows me to dominate games more its not invinceable sometimes you just dont convert the chances you take and the other team does but defence wise a far superiour tactic(only 1 change to my defence Leo from Gremio)

season2iq8.jpg

As you can see with results no problems scoring

resultssf3.jpg

And against Decent sides no problem holding your own.

juvenh8.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/165548182/Tugs-Training.rar i never created this training Tug did For fm08 but its what im using And its Working well.

If like me you hate the fact that you hardly score in the game etc(lucky to get 1 goal never mind 3) you might want to try this tactic i seem to score 3 goals almost every game im undefeated in the league since the start of the season. I was knocked out of the Champions league and beaten in my Group by Everton(i finished 2nd). I will Add at the start of the season i sold like 7 players and recruited in 4 players. I have had a few draws not too many though(always score draws). Ive always loved the 4-3-1-2 tactic AMs are awesome i gave mine a free role anyway here's the tactic im using.

http://rapidshare.com/files/165215234/Rangers_mk1__Rangers__Dec_2008_.tac

Who do you use as your AM?

I only really have fleck there, I have just started and he pretty good.

Had to get so many players on loan due to lack of depth and starting injuries.

Well Its heads up between Adam and fleck, I am aiming for fleck in the longterm but Adam seems more consistant. I normally play Edu in the MC role, atm My main problem is my AMR slot(since Novo(2.8m) was 1 of my casualtys)Along with hemdani(4m), Mculloch(3.6m), Weir(500k), Miller(loan to buy), Thomson(5m smackers mwhahaha) Mendes(loan to buy) and The legend Papac(i needed to free up some wage budget). My signings Were Cacares(loan) Marcelo(4m) Mazzola(1.5m with sell on clause)Altidore(4.8m) . looks like i miscounted the amounbt of players i sold btw Mazzola doesnt really get a game yet just a few subs in here and there krissy boyds still my main man till the end of the season.

how many new players have you signed? or more to the point how many new players including the previous managers are in the team. if you have loads of players you might want to try a 4-1-3-2 tactic with a more of a conservative play and counter attacking.

I have a reasonable tic tac of 4-2-3-1 which is working well in creating chances but my players keep hammering the ball straight at the keeper regardless of how much time and space they have to pick out a corner. Anyone else having this problem? I've messed around with the tempo etc to try to get them to take their time and also tried to ask them to place their shots in the corners all to no avail!

Also I managed to sign Van Der Vaart for £12.75M on only £35K a week (he was transfer listed), anyone else managed this sort of nonsense?

I have a reasonable tic tac of 4-2-3-1 which is working well in creating chances but my players keep hammering the ball straight at the keeper regardless of how much time and space they have to pick out a corner. Anyone else having this problem? I've messed around with the tempo etc to try to get them to take their time and also tried to ask them to place their shots in the corners all to no avail!

Also I managed to sign Van Der Vaart for £12.75M on only £35K a week (he was transfer listed), anyone else managed this sort of nonsense?

I Signed VDV for the same amount, but the most surprising was adriano from Inter for 2.1 million

well im halfway through my second season now and nothing yet(interms of paying off the debt). i sold Alot of players anyone notice how ******** man city are with thier money? i mean wtf do they want steven davis 8.5m for 1.5m more than im asking for and barry "the crab" Ferguson for 6m(took 35m in on transfers for deadwood) Fleck is now a regular on the Left Adu is my new Attacking midfielder i also signed Vagner Love and a few other gems. Last season i won the treble was knocked out of the uefa by porto beat them 4-3 away from home though they still beat me at home jammy funts. I bought Leo from Gremio hes seemed to have really shored up my defence i have cacares on permanent now. I dont know about you it seems to me getting bargains is alot easier in this game i mean every transfer window real madrid/barcelona seem to be selling somone new that is actually intrested in comming to me. Like that Assulin it came up on new celtic had launched a bid for him, I got him for 1.8m and Kalouda from moscow for 1.9m to solve my right problem. But yeh being able to get 50 m from rangers Current Squad out of the players we Have atm seems a tad Unrealistic and martin "Fake tan" bain as the new chairman(where did he get the cash)

Reynolds from Motherwell is cheap and seems to develope quite quickly, I wouldn't say it would be adding quality to the team but OK for backup. The boy from Shakhtar Dmytro Chygrynky (spelling?) is a potential legend but will cost a fair bit more.

Unfortunately moonbeams was gone. it was like Bain MoonBEANS because after that he gave me like Peanuts 3m for a transfer budget SO i sold 9 players to make 35m only whittaker and Fleck left of the current rangers first team (SQUAD)in the starting line up. The bench is made up with first team players :p.

ok i have now uploaded the improved tactic.

Im going to try your tatic today mate, my tatic is like yours but strikers dont do anything, so annoying. Just played Killie at home and only beat them 1-0. Davis with a 25 yard wonder goal.

In my save a Russian guy took over Rangers in first month and invested heaps, making players like Pirlo, Pato, Aquliani and loads of other class acts want to come. Has Sir David Murray sold yet in your game? (EDIT: Just read that you do have Bain, dam)

Will keep you posted on my results.

the tanning martin bain unfortunately. Ive picked up a few bargains over the last couple of seasons though

Adan

Whittaker - Leo(9.5) - Cacares(6m 2nd season) - Marcelo(4.8m)

Assulin(1.8m) - Ever Banega(3.6m) - Drenthe(4.8m)

Adu(4m)

Fleck - Love(10m)

I sold everyone else basicly offering them all out for above thier valuation.

Id like to add im now in the semi finals of the champions league lost my away game 2-1 to inter, beat arsenal on away goals last round

I won the league on my 32nd game this season(good time too just got like 4 injuries all caused by inter)

so quite honestly i dont see me going any further aslong as i win the scottish cup ill be happy

Ive Learned 1 thing at this end of the season run in the IMPORTANCE of a big squad im playing youths in defence because of injuries ppl have gone off form to the point your noticing it in matches struggiling so if im ever going to win the champions league in 2-3 years time hopefully i need a bigger squad.

Good tatic getting good results with spurs.

Beat wigan 3-1

villa2-0

brentford 3-0

chelsea 2-1

im using the 1st tactic what have you changed on the updated version appart from left striker runs.

Aloso having problems with my strikers got balotteli getting a avr of 6 or bellow and arshavin getting avr 6.2

Adu is my Amc the 2nd tactic i basicly tweaked every player individually To make them more Effective. The mc is an effective playmaker, however im still testing whether the mc/amc is more effective at it. I havent started the 2nd season im gonna get a decent mc first banega isnt cutting it atm.

In all Honesty i never put much thought into the first tactic i just tweaked it gradually on my first game which i drew and lost quite a few games on then when i had something working in the 2nd half of the season i started a new save and it seemed to work. The 2nd tactic because i was winning etc i changed a little bit at a time. The main reason i changed the tactic was i was losing far too many goals for it to be healthy the 2nd tactic actually stops me conceding soo much goals as the defenders are less attacking but more direct and do what they are told in general Without a world class goal keeper behind them.

but yeh id strongly suggest using the tactic as a guideline rather than an answer as it probably wont suit all teams and pretty much needs the players in it. Also having the strikers work on different lines prevents them from being marked out the game so much.

For now ive tried my amc as the free role player so he can just pick up any balls try the long shot or just tee them up for that goal poacher in your team just gives you an extra option really.

as for my strikers the both put in thier fair share a goal ratio of 1 in 2 for both of them so thats 40 goals a season my right winger also has 20 goals. my amc has weighed in with 11 goals and 14 assists. So basicly ive got goals comming from all areas of the park i believe my amc should be scoring more goals which is why im gonna try my mc as the Playmaker for next season and my amc more of a outside of the box assasin.

id also like to add if you look at the striker settings i dont know what i was drinking ive got the strikers doing forward runs the wrong way round so put the 1 with the arrow as mixed/often and the 1 without the arrows as rarely(as you want him to be poaching the goals Rebounds off of the long shots from the midfielders mistakes from the opposistion defence and such. Cant believe i didnt notice that seriously..... It will be updated in my next and probably final version of it which will be aimed at me keeping the defence but breaching the 100 goals a season mark in the league.

Archived